Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, April 16, 2007

Dinner & A Movie

This weekend I was still celebrating. My Delta birthday, that is. I didn't do anything the day of with my LS so we decided Sunday would be the day. We saw Perfect Stranger, starring Halle Berry and Bruce Willis. It was excellent! I know it received one star or a half--something like that. I don't care what the film critics say, that movie was the ish! Some things I though during the movie:

Women cannot resist powerful men.

Some people are really freaky as hell.

Halle channeled her relationship with Eric Benet on this one. She was straight going off! I loved it!

It also made me think if she can act like a crazy woman so well, is she really acting???


Anyway, afterwards we had dinner and caught up with each other. Living in the same city with people you know doesn't guarantee constant contact. It's like pulling teeth to get people together at the time, in the same place.

I had a great afternoon. I immediately went home and caught the finale of Roots. This is THE line of the movie. When Chicken George comes back afters several years, Matilda (Tildie) looks at him with this loving, longing look and says: "MY MAN!" Ooooh, I could just feel it. Black love is so beautiful. Well, I have a class tonight, so see ya!

3 Comments:

  • At April 17, 2007 at 11:16:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know that somewhere deep down inside of me, this isn't right, but my favorite part or shall I say parts of the movie are....

    When (after Jimmy tried to rape Tom's wife) Tom tells Jimmy Brent..."You ain't gon' do nothin' to me, cause I ain't gon' letcha" Oooohhhh, I got chills just listening to him! Then after that, Tom says, "Listen to me Jimmy Brent, listen to me, and take this message with you to hell... The last hands to touch you in this Earth...was..." (well... you already know the rest!)

    Now once again, I know that aint right, and I'm praying for me, but at that moment, I was happy as hell for Tom, hell, for us!

    Ok, now my favoritist (I know that isn't a word) part is when Chicken George says to Evan Brent, "... If you evah mess wit me and mines... I'll kill ya." Then off to TN they go!! OOOhhhhh, girl, you don't know how I felt!!!

    'But afterwards, once more again, I prayed! I'm a work in progress. LOL

     
  • At April 17, 2007 at 11:35:00 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was thinking the same thing about Halle Berry (As I watched the film I just wanted to quote Chris Tucker on Rush Hour II ..you one crazy.....&**^%) but I must say it was one of the best movies I've seen all year long. And no matter how he ages Bruce Willis is still sexy...(i know i'm weird)

     
  • At April 17, 2007 at 11:48:00 AM PDT, Blogger Southern_Lady said…

    Sonya, you and Roots!! lol

    Mel, I, too, think Bruce Willis is sexy. Erica and Enitra were looking at me like I was crazy when I said it. lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home