Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Friday, March 09, 2007

I Love It When Ya Call Me Big Poppa

Well, I don't. (I actually prefer that you didn't at all!), but he did. Christopher "Notorious B.I.G." Wallace. On this day, 10 YEARS AGO, he was shot and killed in L.A. Hip Hop would never be the same, so they said.

It's crazy how it's been 10 years already. I remember like it was yesterday. BIG burst on the scene when "glamorous hip hop" was on the come up. Artists were putting down their wiggedy wack video directors and hiring Hype Williams who is best know, in my opinion, for his widescreen, colorful videos. Rappers went from hanging out on the block and sippin 40s to sippin Cristal in the hottest clubs with the prettiest women. It was cool to wear nice clothes and be "classy." Looking back on it, I'll call it ghetto fabulous. Biggie made it cool to be that. Even at 300+ pounds! I loved his music, his videos and even his movies (remember The Show??)

I was and still am a fan even though I haven't bought any of his "other" albums released after his death. I did burn the Biggie Duets though. Born to Die will always be my ish. Anyway, here's a video tribute to Biggie. Some of my favorite songs.











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home