Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Friday, March 02, 2007

My Theory


Today is a beautiful day. The second day of March, two weeks closer to Spring. Ah yes, Springtime is a wonderful time. The sky is clear and sunny. You only need a light jacket because it's not freezing cold and it's not hot as Hades either. There are essential things that you need when Spring arrives: good friends to hang out with on the weekends because it's always something to do, focus becuase it's hard to pay attention at work (especially when you have a huge bay window like me-gotta love working downtown!) and last, but certainly not least, willpower. Why you ask? I'll tell you.

Men who you have dealt with in the past tend to come out the woodworks when it's about to get warm. I don't know why, but that's been my experience. It's my story and I'm sticking to it. In just one week, seven whole days, I have had a guy pull out his a** in regular conversation that he's ready to settle down. Now he's calling me on the daily. Another who has come out of exile (from himself and everyone else, for that matter) and actually be consistent and persistent in his pursuit of me. What the heezie is REALLY going on?

I guess we all have the same mindset because when spring/summertime comes, I don't want to settle down. I not bothered with the serious stuff. Maybe that's why they're calling me. Who knows? All I'm saying is, those who left, come back. Those who acted up, want to act right and those lamed out, man up. One of these days, I'll figure them out. But not today. Just wanted to get that off my chest. Happy Almost-Spring!

1 Comments:

  • At March 4, 2007 at 3:13:00 PM PST, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said…

    Wow, how interesting. Usually my throwback men start coming out of the woodworks in the winter, around the holidays. I wonder if its because we don't really have seasons in Cali...but I feel you on not wanting to settle down when the weather is warm. Spring/summer is the time to go out and show your goodies off...in the classiest manner possible of course :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home