Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Two for Tuesdays

Howdy!

It's Tuesday, April 1. I don't really care if it's April Fool's Day, but I do care that it's the first day of my birthday month. Nine more days until A-Day! As usual, I have no idea what I'm going to do, but I'll think of something. Things are moving right along. This weekend because it's springtime, the girls tried to get it poppin' by going out to this new club. Keep in mind that I haven't been out since Jesus walked the Earth (Aug. 07). It was....different. Fun, but different.

We stayed in the Grown and Sexy room with the chill music for the longest. Later, we moved to the crunk room and I heard songs I'd never heard before. I had never seen so many chicks wearing leggings with short shirts or freaks of nature, as I call them. The fake-a$$ Buffie the Bodies and Melyssa Fords. Spare me, please...

By 1:30 a.m., I was ready to go home and go to sleep. I was thinking about what I was going to wear to church. Sad, huh? Though no one said it there, we all felt like we were the old women at the club. And we weren't...but still. Ya know? I'm so over walking around to be seen and to see who's there. I saw one guy who I pretty much already knew was going to be there. We clearly should have gone to the other party downtown. Much more mature... Moving on...

Don't forget to check out the anniversary issue of Clutch Magazine, featuring the beautiful Tasha Smith, Suze Orman and hot fashion, beauty and culture.

If you're wondering, the title of this blog has nothing to do with what I posted, obviously. Just a catch phrase...lol.

3 Comments:

  • At April 1, 2008 at 4:40:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey southern lady -

    I love your blog and all your commentary on the escapades of a quarterlife female!

    Im starting an advice blog of my own for twentysomethings... come check it out!!!

    http://thequarterlifeadvice.blogspot.com/

     
  • At April 2, 2008 at 6:26:00 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey!!!

    Haven't been by here in a while...How are ya??

    Its my birthday month too!! I have like 23 days and still have NO IDEA what I want to do. I'm thinking spa day and dinner...maybe a lounge...I'm not feeling the club scene anymore either. By 1 or 1:30 I'm like can we go now!! LOL

     
  • At April 3, 2008 at 1:21:00 PM PDT, Blogger T.a.c.D said…

    you know what i haven't been OUT since my birthday which was Aug 07INCREDIBLE...wow

     

Post a Comment

<< Home