Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, March 03, 2008

My Wish List

Since this is the still the Lenten season, my pastor has been doing a series of sermons on the importance of fasting. Five years later, after attending school in a predominately Catholic state, I finally get the point of fasting. I never ever saw the significance of people "giving up" something for Lent. My old pastor never talked about Lent---only Easter.

This season, I still didn't get around to figuring out what I could give up in order to find quiet time for God to speak to me. I know that I have so much going on, sometimes, I neglect God. I listen to praise and worship songs all day, say my morning prayer and even talk to Him when I go to bed, but I don't have a time set aside especially for Him. That needs to change. I have so many things I need to figure out, do and accomplish. I'm always thinking that I need to do x,y,z to live a fulfilled life, but it will never be complete if I don't make time for Him. I make time for everything else, right? I really, really want to hear God speak to me. Life can be a distraction sometimes.

So, I'm writing down my wish list of things I want to do, already knowing that that things can and will be done. Maybe I should post a list on my bulletin board at home. Yep, that's what I'll do. So here it is:

-Find a time daily to study the Bible and convene with God
-Go to a dance class
-Research homeownership programs
-Take my trip to NYC this summer (still want to go to Miami)
-Look into investing
-Work out twice a week
-Actually try to cook (foreal cooking, not heating in the oven! lol)
-Eat healthy on a consistent basis
-Rework my budget
-Pitch new mags and publications


What are some things you'd like to do?

2 Comments:

  • At March 3, 2008 at 11:04:00 AM PST, Blogger T.a.c.D said…

    first things first like you i need to find more time to convene with GOD and really cultivate my relationship with him

    workout 3-4 times a week

    go back to school and get a PhD

    go anywhere on a vaca

     
  • At March 8, 2008 at 8:24:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And to find peace, be peace. Remember violence rears its ugly head in our conversations as well as through our actions. We can inflict it on people or property. I write in my post today about how I often have violent feelings when I've had a hard day and get no cooperation. That's at peoplepowergranny.blogspot.com. Vote in my poll on how you handle those violent feelings we all get occasionally.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home