Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Friday, May 11, 2007

Heavy Stuff

So here's the hard part. All week, I have been going to work, going home, getting used to all the weird noises around the apartment, sleeping, the usual. I never really wanted to 100% focus on the major events that occurred earlier in the week.

My best friend from home is pregnant with her second child. Though unexpected, she, her boyfriend and son were ready to move on and build their family. Monday, right before I was leaving out to go to the grocery store, she called crying hysterically. After a routine visit, they found that the baby was not growing properly. In other words, she was having a miscarriage. I immediately went over there. The BF had been crying, she was drained and I didn't know what to say. There is absolutely no way I can understand the pain she is in. I just laid in the bed with her and prayed for her and her family.

Throughout the week she seemed to be fine, joking and saying she was okay, but I knew that wasn't true. She's not the most emotional person, so it could be harder to show those emotions than to keep them bottled up inside. She has so many questions about her relationship and how to explain things to her son. Just about why it happened to her.

I explained to her, in my heart, I know that God will bless them with a child on His time. I'm not sure if that really meant anything to her at the time. Life is so crazy. We want someone to tell us right now that our problems will be solved in an instant. Tell us that our situation will be reversed to what it was supposed to be. It's just human nature, I guess.

Today she is going in to have the procedure done. I have been praying for her all day--all week. If you are willing, say one for her, too.

2 Comments:

  • At May 11, 2007 at 1:55:00 PM PDT, Blogger T.a.c.D said…

    I can relate to this more than you know...i will definitely say a prayer for her....and send her to Phil 4:6-7....it will take time, but in her own time, she will find that peace....its just gonna take some time...

     
  • At May 12, 2007 at 10:37:00 AM PDT, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said…

    wow. i really have no words. i can't really relate to this situation but i wish your friend and her family the best and pray that they make it through this.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home