Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

These Last 45 Minutes

Forty-five more minutes and I'm out this piece. I got stuff to do. Too much actually, to say I forgot I have somewhere to be at 7 p.m. Often times, I hope my co-worker whom I share an office with (it's pretty big) doesn't see me dancing in my chair. I can't help it if music is playing. Like now, I'm listening to "My Station" on Yahoo Launch and Juvenile's Set It Off is on and I am buckin'. Deeprooted Confusion, if you're reading this, insert your "Southern Lady is ghetto" joke here. lol. But you know how I feel about my Juvie.

How can I stop at Target and Macy's and my grandmother's before 7 p.m.? I think it's damn near impossible. I should be redoing my curriculum for work. These days I'm focused on information on retirement, IRAs and investments. Oooh, Faith's "Soon As I Get Home" just came on. This entire CD rocks. I remember my mama fussed me out because I cut the fool when she didn't stop me by Blockbuster Music to get this CD late Saturday night. Damn, memories...

Anyway, some people are just weird, ya know. Just when you think you have a handle on their personality and how they work, BAM, something totally different. Sometimes I think that about my supervisor. Recently, I get the idea that she doesn't even have faith that our program is worth running. I'm thinking, if that's the case, why did you hire me if you didn't see it as being long-term? Even though we have our glitches, I have to remember that this is a new program and it takes time. I happen to think that we're making great progress considering that it's only been six months. Give us a damn break, lady! A simple conversation about how to improve the classes turned into a discouragement fest. Yet, it was still helpful. Like, whose side on you on? Anyway, I had to get that out. Let be known that if I was fired today, I would not have a plan. I have no immediate desire to get back into PR, although I could and would have to.

I got some thinking to do. I have faith and a good track record that says that this job will last, but I still need an alternative plan. A people without vision will perish.

Peace out, homies!

1 Comments:

  • At June 14, 2007 at 11:07:00 AM PDT, Blogger Paula D. said…

    I know how you feel about those last minutes at work! I start to get antsy & think about all the things I need to handle when I get off. having a job is cramping my style!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home