Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, August 13, 2007

Latest Developments

This is what has happened so far today:



My co-worker who had a stomach virus (I guess) came back to work today after being out on Thursday and Friday. Our resident Know-It-All/Sometimes-Gets-On-My-Damn-Nerves chick asked him if was he feeling better. He replied with the following: "I wish people would stop asking that. I wasn't doing better I wouldn't be here...."



Alllll-righty then! LMAO! I guess she gets on somebody else's nerves, too.



My other co-worker whom I share an office with (White, well-off (enough)) tells me that her neice found a sofa at a family friends furniture store, off of Hollywood in North Memphis. (Background: North Memphis is considered a "bad" part of the city.)

Co-worker: So, then she says it's on Hollywood. Can you believe it?
Me: ........................So?...............................
Co-worker: Well, I don't think I'd want to shop over there unless I have a bulletproof truck.lol
Me:____________________________________
Co-worker: I just don't feel safe.
Me: .....................Oh.............it's not that bad...................
Co-worker: I've been there before and I think I'll pass...

Whatev.

After all of the email and phone stalking the community college lady, still no word. So what's a girl to do? I looked at the bank account and wanted to poor out liquor for it. Pass the 40! Anyway, I'd been trying to get on at U of M because (1) they pay more and (2) it's closer to home, actually in Memphis. I'd contacted the dean, but he said he had no openings earlier this summer. Dammit boi!!!

Lo and behold, he emailed me this afternoon with four different openings at three different campus---all evening classes!! Even though I only wanted to teach once a week, the class is two days a week, only until 7 p.m. I snatched it up real quick. So August 27, I'll be back in business.

Ain't God good???

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home