Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, July 16, 2007

Ying Yang

Okay, let's see if I can consense this into one post. Probably not, but anyway...let's go over the good and bad

The Good
Last week, I had my first celebrity interview with guess who... Teedra Moses! If you've been reading this blog long enough, you know that she is the underrated artist that I've been stalking for two years. LOL! She was so cool and down-to-earth. It wasn't even like an interview. It was just like I was talking to a friend. Cool chick, indeed! Look for it in Clutch's September issue.

This has nothing to do with me directly, but it is an inspiration. Dede Sutton, founder and publisher of Clutch is working on the mag full-time and even has her own marketing PR biz on the side. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Thanks to everyone who commented on That Thing. I'm really tripping that other people feel the same way I do. Work in progress...

This is the BIG ONE:
My daddy came to church yesterday!! It doesn't sound like much to you maybe, but it was a milestone in my family. Someone who probably hadn't stepped foot in a church for "regular" service in more than 10-15 years finally kept his word and came to worship. And he enjoyed it. I know that it was simply God working on his own time. I never wanted Daddy to go to church because it was the "right" thing to do or because Mama and I attend. I just knew that all the things that he's dealing with or going through would be better. Even if the situation never got better, he'd be able to cope better. His faith would be increased.

So there he was, sitting next to my Mama and even waving his hand and saying "Thank You, Jesus." Wow. I was so proud.

In addition to that, it was so good to see him and Mama together. She was so happy to have her husband next to her. Finally people who had never seen "him" could put a face to a name and stop asking me if I have a father! lol. That's what she'd been wanting for a long time. I like to see her happy.

My best friend from home is getting "the ring." THE ring. Yeah! I am truly happy for her.

My second article is up at VibeVixen.com. Check it out.

The Bad

I said it once; I'll say again. The world is waayyy too small. That's all I'm going to say about that.

I have not posted on Honey in ages, thanks to non-saving Wordpress. I gotta get my game up.

I think my computer crashed on Saturday. The power went out in the apartment and the computer was on. When the power came back on, the computer was on the blink. Just a black screen with a blinking cursor at the top. I'm getting no act-right. I'm pretty sick about it, but all of my important files are on CD.

Must be karma for all that Limewire downloading.

4 Comments:

  • At July 16, 2007 at 4:58:00 PM PDT, Blogger deeprootedconfusion said…

    OMG!! Daddy went to church, I could cry. I am so proud of him. I hope he keeps it up.

     
  • At July 17, 2007 at 11:04:00 AM PDT, Blogger Urban Gyrl said…

    The part about "not because it's the "right" thing to do... but b/c it would help him cope better" touched me personally because I've been asking a friend about going to church mainly because "it's the right thing to do". This post helped me realize that God works with us all- on HIS time.

    Thanks!

     
  • At July 17, 2007 at 9:57:00 PM PDT, Blogger Vixenlibra said…

    I am happy for you and your family concerning your dad coming to church. I didn't know about your article at Vibe Vixen. Excited to hear that! That is Awesome! Congratulations to your friend.

     
  • At July 17, 2007 at 9:57:00 PM PDT, Blogger Vixenlibra said…

    I am happy for you and your family concerning your dad coming to church. I didn't know about your article at Vibe Vixen. Excited to hear that! That is Awesome! Congratulations to your friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home