Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Morning Fun

Hey Kids! It's Friday...what more could I ask for? Maybe being on camera looking a hot mess? Yep!

Last night, I attended revival at church. I haven't been to a revival since I was atleast 10 years old, but it was excellent. All I can say is "it is what it is." Amen. So, after a good word and some good popcorn shrimp from Popeye's (so country!), I had a good sleep. It was so good, I didn't wake up until 7:45 a.m. I need to be out of the house, on my way to work at 8 a.m. Obviously, I rush and throw on jeans (because it's Casual Friday) and a snuggly white t-shirt, a black necklace and hoops. My hair? Forget about it. I have an appointment today. Something wasn't right though. I had this premonition that I was a tad too casual, even though I was appropriate. I blew it off because NO ONE was going to be in the office. Neither boss. Just me and the roomie. FREE DAY!

Just as I'm getting into my routine of checking Gmail, blogs, Facebook, etc., I get a call from my boss. What do you know, a reporter is coming to do an ON-CAMERA interview with me about FICO credit scores. Tell me I'm dreaming. I looked like I just woke up. The hair is pure tomfoolery. Again, I say, I'm dreaming, right?

It was real and my nightmare became a reality. Now I'm all about on-camera interviews. It is what I did for a living in the previous job. My old boss told me if you stay ready you won't have to get ready. Meaning, keep a blazer or suit jacket in the office, along with some makeup and a pair of conservative earrings. I was always on point.

Here? All I do is sit and research until I do a class, in which I'm always appropriate. I'm sorry, but it didn't list in-house spokesperson in my job description. So who's at fault? No one, I guess. Me, maybe? Thank God for Walgreens being right behind my building. I ran over and bought some cheap eye shadow and eyeliner, you know to open my eyes up. And I picked up a pair of "crystal" studs for $2. I can't say the hair was the bomb. Actually it looked like a bomb hit it, but the reporter said I did a good job.

What a morning. I guess I be keeping the makeup and studs here and bringing a blazer to hang up.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home