Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Look At What I Found

What's shakin'?

Since I had absolutely no life this weekend, I hung out at Barnes and Noble for a spare. I scoped out the magazine section to see if there were any other magazines that I was missing out on. To my surprise, I found quite a few:

Colures Magazine


"Colures magazine is an upmarket glossy publication aimed at style conscious and intelligent women of colour. "

This magazine is breathtaking! With Miss Jackson gracing the cover, it's second issue, the magazine is glossy and targets all women of color. It's published in London. It was really great to see not only African Americans, but Africans, Latinos and others featured in the publication. The other great thing about it was it spoke to not only women in London and abroad, but to Americans, as well. It's on my list.

Pride Magazine


Ok, I can't lie. I actually saw this magazine posted on another site maybe a month ago, but I didn't think they published it in the US. Pride is a British publication that focuses on multicultural women. You can find them online, as well.

NV Magazine

"NV magazine's mission is to educate, inform, inspire and entertain today's most exciting and successful generation; urban professionals, entrepreneurs and forward-thinkers. NV reflects the energy, style and vision of today's young professionals. While respecting older generations, we forge ahead by looking at each other as role models as we acquire the tools that will help us accomplish our goals. NV magazine is the forum that brings intelligent journalism and practical information to its readers, with a hands-on mix of business and style."

I can't believe I forgot about this one! NV (New Vision in Business) is a sleek, urban multicultural business magazine. This month's issue is the 5oth issue. I love to see magazines grow. I think NV has swagger.

After my magazine binge, I thought about former Honey/Teen People editor, Amy Dubois-Barnett's new book, Get Yours!: The Girlfriend's Guide to Having Everything You Dreamed of and More.




I LOVE books like this, especially when the author is one who is doing what I want to do. I have been following Ms. Amy since my first subscription to Honey, so her track record is pretty damn good. It was released today! Read about it over at Clutch.

And lastly, not magazine-related news, Forever 21 has a new high-end spin-off line, Twelve by Twelve. The site launched today and the pieces don't look too bad. Check it out.

Toodles!

2 Comments:

  • At September 27, 2007 at 10:26:00 AM PDT, Blogger KBoug said…

    hey there. just came through your blog. i love it. I am a frequent barnes and noble lady myself. Thanks for the heads up on the new mags to read. Whats better than spending your lunch money on one magazine?...chilling in b&n with a cup of hot chocolate and many mags!

     
  • At October 3, 2007 at 10:00:00 PM PDT, Blogger SRJP said…

    Hey girl!
    Ask me how excited I was when I saw your comment...go ahead...ask me...well I was SUPER excited! 6 ft...in the M...reps the N.O....HBCU alum...I ♥ it! I appreciate your comment...your blogs are SUPER cool too! I'll add to my blogroll!
    So...how do you feel about the M getting a Forever 21...its kind of a bitter/sweet thing for me...easy access for me (YAY)...AND the whole city (BOOOO)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home