Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Venting Session

Hello World!

I'm back from The Boot (AGAIN). I guess I can't stay away. I had many, many thoughts while I there for my family reunion and LS' wedding, but this has been on my mind for a minute.

Obviously, nothing came of Mr. Texter. I don't have time for people who cannot communicate properly, especially, when I'm really trying to work on my communication and open up. So regarding that: Moving on....nothing to see here, folks.

At first (because I'm psycho over this dating/love thing), I beat myself up over not giving him or many others a fair shot. However, I think there are things that should just be done in order to get to know someone and a relationship to flourish. Am I crazy? Also, it has been SO FREAKING LONG since I have actually ANTICIPATED my phone ringing or seeing a guy. It has been so long since I got that "giddy" feeling over a guy. Yes, sometimes it can hurt in the long run, but it feels so damn good.

I mean, it's really been a long time. So basically, what I'm saying is....

I want a Teenage Love Affair!!! This is so ironic because after I'd had this thought...months ago, here comes ole Alicia with this song and video. I thought it was so sweet. Since I missed out on a a TLA when I actually was a teenager, I think now's a good a time as any. Keeping with this same theme, I talked to a friend the other day who is loving the way things are going with her new friend, and I could hear her glowing through the phone. It's crazy! I remember having that feeling. It was like a breath of fresh air. Let me exhale for a second.

So anyway, I had to get that out. I saw an old crush/friend this weekend and I had those little feelings again. Ahhhh! (exhaling again).

Things are so much more fun. Patience is key though. In due time.



Sidebar: I did have a semi-TLA as a teenager and we're still cool to this day. I just forgot about that one. Boy, did I like him!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home