Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Feeling a Little Sleepy...

I am just coming from a walk to Walgreens for some over the counter drugs. While in the elevator up to the penthouse, I thought of Xscape's "Feels So Good." THAT was my jam. Off the Hook is a classic. Even though I was in the eighth grade, you couldn't tell me I didn't know what she was talking about in "Who Can I Run To?" Ahh, the memories.

Dammit, the code to post is disabled on Youtube. Oh well...you remember the video, right?

This time tomorrow I will be in one of my favorite places--New Orleans---for Essensce Fest. I told my resident homie, this is my first time. Be gentle. Yes, I went to school and lived in Louisiana for five years, yet this is my FIRST time going to Essence.

???????

I know, right? We're going the first night with Ri Ri, Chris, J. Holiday and Kanye'. I'm so excited. Not too excited about that drive though. But it is what it is.

Drinks, some good food, good music and people. Can't beat that in my book.

In other non-Essence news, I hope to get freed of some things this weekend--speaking of Independence Day. Okay, I didn't speak of it yet, but everyone knows tomorrow is the 4th. We'll see how that goes. I'm taking notes on 3x5 index cards and carrying them with me all weekend. I have some ish to say!!

You think it's a game. But it's so.not.

Happy Independence Day! Have fun and be safe.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home