Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, February 23, 2009

I Miss The Boot!

Yep, I do! There was a time when I thought I'd never say that (circa 2004, when I was in grad school working a dead-in job).

So, if you have ever lived in Lousiana and went to Southern University, specifically, you might be subconsciously trained to get in a Louisiana state of mind around the following times:

-Homecoming
-Bayou Classic
-Mardi Gras
-Essence Music Festival

Today is Lundi Gras, the day before Mardi Gras. How I took these things for granted while I was there! Being out of school or off of work for Mardi Gras break, being able to run to New Orleans, even for a quick minute to catch a parade or just to hit the streets. King Cake, Ms. Greta's crawfish etoufee. Daiquiri shops. Yummy!

Today, I am officially missing Louisiana. It's a part of me (literally-my daddy's from there). I am wishing I could be there among all of the people, just wanting to have a good time. Catching beads, hoping I get the big pearls!

Carefree.

In the meantime, I'm streaming radio stations in BR and N.O. to catch a little bit of that feeling.


Rebirth Brass Band - Keep That Body Shaking -

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home