Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Blah Moments

Right at this very moment, I could go to sleep. Why? Because I have a bad attitude. Why? Because I don't know. Someone said something to me that I'm sure was harmless and I've been pissed ever since. That was atleast two hours ago. That's okay with me though.

I don't want to do anything today and I have plenty to do. Again, I just want to go to sleep. I was reading a new blog and the blogger gave details about a wack first date she had. That reminded me of one of my dates. Maybe it wasn't a date, just an outing. You know there is a difference. However, he did pick me up and pay for dinner so I reckon it was a date. I really tried to like this dude. (Well, kinda). He was older, had himself together. A real job, home, no children, not in a relationship/married. You get it....Cool guy. We even talked for hours on the phone about regular stuff.

Actually this was our second "date" and I think by that time, I'd realized that the chemistry was not there. But he was cool and getting out is always good. I was trying to test myself to see if I didn't like him because I really didn't like him in that way or if I was being shallow.

First, he didn't come to the door. Okay, no problem. I think we went to the movies (can't remember the movie) and then to dinner. Conversation was regular. We didn't have shit to talk about on the way back, in the car surprisingly. It was that dead, uncomfortable silence. Ugh. So it was time for me to get out of the car. He asked for a hug before I left. Gave me this uncomfortable "car hug". Keep in mind the car was a coupe so it was hella hard trying to accomplish that. Looking back on it now, perhaps he was expecting me to ask him in? Nahhh.

I was in my apartment on the first floor at the time. It only took me 15 seconds to get to my door and unlock it. I'll be damned if before I could get the key in the lock, this dude burned out!! He didn't wait to see if I got in safely. THAT pissed me off. By the time I stepped on my Welcome Home doormat, I turned and saw his damn tail lights. WTF is that about?

I'm smart enough to know that either he was a complete idiot or he just wasn't feeling me. Either option is fine because I wasn't feeling him either. But then he sent a text to check on me for the night. Huh?

Yet another reason why there just wasn't any chemistry.

3 Comments:

  • At September 3, 2009 at 12:57:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Go said…

    I like the intro to this post..pretty funny! Oh wow.. I think you guys weren't feeling each other and then maybe he felt bad about behving the opposite of a gentleman! Humph who knows!!!

    Sincerely,

    Go

     
  • At September 24, 2009 at 5:22:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Rochelle said…

    But it could be that he just wasn't raised right. Some people don't realize that you're supposed to make sure your guests gets safely inside.

     
  • At September 24, 2009 at 5:25:00 PM PDT, Blogger Southern_Lady said…

    Oh no, Rochelle! He knew better. He was a gentleman in every other aspect. Just weird. I probably shouldn't have held it against him that much, but it was an instant turn-off. Ugh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home