Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, August 17, 2009

The Weekend At A Glance

Hey folks! This weekend has been nonstop. Right now, I feel like my head is going to explode. Today would be such a great day to take a half-day and jet. But no, I'll be thuggin it out. For once, I got out this weekend. I headed to a SWAC (that's Southwestern Athletic Conference) Alumni Picnic. There were plenty of people from Jackson State University, Alcorn State and a few from other schools. Only three of us were from Southern, but we still had a presence. We had a great time talking about how our school is THE BEST.

Moving on....My godson had a surprise birthday pool party. I've never seen so many little kids. They all played in the pool, and for a minute, I thought I'd atleast put my feet in the water, but I decided not to. I couldn't afford to get the hair wet. Typical, right?

Moving on...I got two free tickets to a Raheem DeVaughn show courtesy of my cousin. *Let me retract that statement. It was showcase for an artist, Phil Ade', hosted by Raheem. I knew this because I read event flyers to prevent bamboozlement (I think I just made that up). I have been to enough music events to know that the "host" isn't going to do much but...host. So it was hillarious to see the venue packed from the front to the back (a friend of mine looked at me like I was crazy when I said I didn't know Raheem DeVaughn had so many fans--my bad!). Couples were boo'd up and dressed to the nines. The little man (that's what I call him) came out in shades and a Polo shirt and eventually did 1.5 songs. The showcase artist did like six! Talk about some pissed people. LOL.

The best part of the night was my glass of Moscatto and the opening act, William Davenport. I could hardly see him, but his voice is amazing. I'd like to think of him as the male India Arie. That is if Eric Roberson or PJ Morton don't already have that title. Check him out @willdavenport.

Sunday was spent with family for my Granny's birthday. I finally hung some pictures on my bare walls at home and ironed some curtains. Ahh, the life of a homeowner. I did all of that while watching True Blood and Mad Men. Mad Men....um yeahhhh. The gay scene? Totally unexpected. I never really watched the show, but I could just sense that Sal was going to get ole boy. And the killing part was, as big as he is, he wasn't even the aggressor! May just have to stick with True Blood only on Sundays.

What did you do this weekend?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home