Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Friday, August 14, 2009

Sad State of Affairs

This is a sad state of affairs right here. I could talk about how even though Micheal Vick did his time, they are STILL going hard on him. I could talk about the fact that white folks are SUPER pissy about this healthcare deal and are cutting up sideways in these townhalls. Or I could even talk about people still coming out of the woodworks claiming to be Michael Jackson's children's bios. But no. Instead, I'm going to talk about me.

During a regular conversation with Moms, she asked if I was going "off" (meaning going out).

I said, "Ummmm...noooo. I am going to the beauty shop though!" I was a littel excited. Maybe too excited, but you haven't seen my head. (Nevermind that I had this bright idea to grow my eyebrows out so they could be thicker. Now I look like Snuffalufacus!) I added that that might be the "highlight" of my day.

"Umph, all you do is go home to your house now, huh?"

She didn't say it like it was a tragedy. There was no pity in her voice. She just asked a question.

I'd been asking myself the very same question. Hell, I think I even mentioned it in a previous blog. I, shamefully, had to answer. "Yeah, pretty much. How wack is that?"

"Nah, it's not. If that's what you wanna do."

"But I don't."

"Oh."

So, the sad state of affairs is when your own mama realizes that you lead a boring life. Sigh. Remember when I always had some hilarious story about going out? Maybe that time has passed. But dammit, I'm only 28. I deserve to ENJOY life. I work too hard (some of the time). Look for some changes in the near future.

Happy Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home