Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Whose Life Is It Anyway?

You've seen Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? on the Style Network right? Don't act like you don't watch it! There's the married couple to be and the wedding coordinator. The wedding coordinator has a LOT to do in trying to create "nuptial nirvana, " according to Style. Now whose wedding is it? The couple or the coordinator? I was just thinking today about how that correlates to me. In a non-nuptial way, of course.

Welcome to Whose Life Is Its Anyway? It really hit hard today that my life is not my own. Lately, I've been pushing aside and even sitting on this urge I have to venture out on my own and make a career change. I want to work for myself, instead of...THE MAN. Lately, I've involved myself in others' projects as way to "break into" into this industry of PR/Ent./Fashion. It's been great, but it hit, that I'm so busy helping others' make their dreams reality, I'm doing nothing to make my own a reality. I wonder if that's because I'm such a committed person. Once I start something, I finish it, even if it damn near kills me. Or could it be that I'm afraid of doing my own thing, so I "help out" with others'?

That's a hard pill to swallow, but it's true. Since I'm in this Quarterlife phase, I guess this is the time when I'm supposed to be all torn up over what turns my life should be taken. BUT I refuse, to let it be an excuse for remaining in a state of confusion, sitting on my ass doing nothing, asking 'why me?'

This woman wants to find her purpose in life. I have decided after this weekend I will officially begin practicing the art of "sitting my ass down" (see Some People Just Aggravate...). I can't focus on what I want to do and how I want to do it because I'm always doing too damn much. Though I think it's hereditary, I have to learn to live for myself and not other people. I'm doing a poor job at it now, but I'm willing to make progress.

What's your true mission in life? Have you thought about it? Written it out? Write your own mission here: www.franklincovey.com/fc/library_and_resources/mission_statement_builder

I'll put mine up when I tweek it a little. It's time for some changes. I don't have to wait until January 1. It's time to start living for me!

Ciao'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home