Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, March 26, 2007

Girl, Don't Date Him!!!

Because I'm a woman and a sensible one at that, there are some things that I will take to the grave. There are some things that I will not tell you. BUT, since someone else brought it up yesterday, why not? The confession begins...

Have you ever heard of Dontdatehimgirl.com?

I had. About a year ago I received an email from a friend about it and thought, Oh God, the HORROR! Imagine dating someone who was listed on that website. Let me break it down, so...well, you know the rest. The purpose of the website is supposedly to post the pictures and low-down on cheating men. Of course, women being the bitter b*tches we are, have since taken the website to another level. This site can literally ruin a man's rep, especially if he's from a small town or city. So much that there are actually lawsuits for slander against the site. You can list everything: height, weight, email addresses, pics--you name it, it's on there.

Back to me.

Last summer, I met, well, re-met this guy who was so hot to me. All the stats checked out. First did I say he was hot? Tall, slightly thick, yet not husky, dressed well, employed with this mysterious thing about him. I already knew him, but not really. You know what I mean. Our dates were wonderful. Did you catch the keyword? DATES. Don't forget that "S" which means plural--more than one. (That's hard to come by these days.) I was completely comfortable around him. Just a really nice guy. All the laughter and talking I could hope for. And he played in my hair (Ooooooh.)!!!!

Then he fell off, somewhat. Something told me to end our little thing. I ignored that something, of course. Then one day I got an email from a friend with his profile on http://www.dontdatehimgirl.com/. There was no picture, but it was him. There was some terrible stuff in that profile. I knew for a fact most of it wasn't true or just twisted. However, I was so hurt! My dream man (who I knew wasn't good for me anyway) was on Dontdatehimgirl.com. He was such a nice person. (sighing) There's that nice bone twitching again.

As you can see once more, these are the kind of things that happen to me.

Did I tell him his rep was being ripped to shreds with every point and click? Believe me, I toiled over it. But I didn't tell him. Even though some of the information was wrong, I figured he had to have done something pretty foul for a woman to go through all that to put him on blast. Yes, he has called me and no, I didn't answer. I had to follow my first mind. (Saying in my Mama's voice) Didn't I tell you to listen to God when He speaks?! I'm positive I saved myself from drama. He was definitely a ladies man.

So don't just sit there, go look for your exes and currents(and other's) Don't date him (again), girl!!

2 Comments:

  • At March 27, 2007 at 6:23:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have heard of this site, but never visited it. Your blog made me want to check it out--just because. I know what you mean about messing around with someone you knew wasn't for you...been there, done that. Good thing you and me both dropped the bad habit.

     
  • At March 29, 2007 at 9:49:00 AM PDT, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    I am all over this site LOL...this should take up some time at work LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home