Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Soooooo......

I guess it's about time for me to post something. It's been a while, so I'll run it down in no particular order. Jamie's show was off the hook, chain, meter, meatrack, out the frame, whatever your little jargon is for GREAT!! No opening act or anything. No Fantasia hollering, showing her crusty toes on stage. Just Jamie. I said before I wasn't too excited until the last minute. I also complained about a $65 ticket to just see him when I could clearly put his CD on and turn the lights out. Anyway, he did music and comedy and that man is a nut. All I can say is, "We fly high, no lie, you know this...BALLINNNNN!" That was the theme for the night. He put on a great show. Talented, indeed.

Yes, we did all of the things we said we'd do this weekend, with the exception of one. Note to self, never drink an entire Walk Me Down in a plastic beer cup. The results will never be good. We had a fantabulous time Friday night. Free, classy-hood spots are what's up. Did I mention I got the money back that I spent on my drink because some fools decided to "make it rain"?? I was thinking to myself, "You BIG DUMMY!!" but when the money rained on me, I was reaching for the stars. If you want to throw your precious money away (cause I know you don't have any), fine by me. Thanks for the drink, homie. CHEERS!!!

Another thought. You never know who sees you. A guy stopped me in the mall and asked me where he knew me from? Work? Volunteering? No, not so much. It was the darn club. Go figure. That's not a good thing. And I haven't even been in three months. Give me break! Supposedly, he sees me all the time and I'm so different. I don't look and act like everyone else here. Thanks dude. Really nice, asked me out me and whole shabang. He mentioned Houston a couple of times in conversation and said he used hang out there a lot back in '90'91. Excuse me? Don't you want to add an eight or nine to that '90? Clearly, I was learning multiplication tables and he was big kickin it H-Town. Do I know how old he is? No. I don't even want to know at this point. He may have enough candles on his birthday to start an inferno....I'll find out later.

We also had sushi on Saturday with friends. Yummy. No, not the raw kind either! I'm not that open to new things.

Anyway, church was particularly good. A sermon is especially good when it seems as if the preacher is speaking directly to you. Like he/she said when preparing the sermon, "this will be dedicated to (insert your name here ) _______." The sermon talked about using what God gives you and making something out of it. Use it for His glory and it will be multiplied. He pointed out that you use what is given to you for today. Don't worry about tomorrow because you'll always get through the present day.

This applies to me because I'm always worrying about what's coming next and what will I do about tomorrow. Sometimes I wonder is that me being smart, thinking ahead and trying my best to be prepared or is it a small lack of faith. There is no doubt that no matter how much of a believer you are, it's human nature to doubt, question and wonder. And I think that's okay. That's our test. Overcoming that test is what makes us even stronger believers. Not letting our fear take us over and prevent us from doing what we are called to do in life, whatever that may be.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox or out of the pulpit. I just had to get that out. Moving right along.

So I'm back into the swing of things. I knew this weekend would do it for me. Today is the first day of Spring. A new season. A new beginning. I can tell more good times are on the way. I'm ready...FINALLY!

2 Comments:

  • At March 20, 2007 at 12:14:00 PM PDT, Blogger T.a.c.D said…

    sounds like a really nice-fun weekend...HELLO! That's always nice...me and the ladies I think are going to hang this weekend....that will be good haven't done it in a while...

     
  • At April 3, 2007 at 12:34:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mane, what?!!! Did we have fun or what?? Even through all of the car drama!!!!! I must say, I really needed that get away! Thanks FRIEND!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home