Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Get Em Girl!

Today I'm all about my financial game, but I couldn't help but post when I saw an article on Get Em Girls Guide: A Sassy Girl's Cookbook. Yeah, I know I'm late because I remember reading about it months ago. How fitting that I see this article when I'm trying to reach my current goal:
I need to learn how to cook!

Yeah, I said it. I'm 26 and the cooking skills are wiggedy-wack. I have no shame. Why do I want to learn how to cook? Because I love to eat! I have this mind thing that if I don't eat 2-3 times a day, I will wither away. I can't shake that either. Either I have super-high metabolism or I'm crazy as hell. Take your pick.

Anyway....

Another reason is, and call it old fashioned traditional if you want, but a man would like for a women to know a lil something about cooking. If I offend some of you feminists---sorry! Yes, it's probably true that my wonderful husband-to-be will love me even if I can't burn in the kitchen. But damn that! We gotta eat! Somebody gotta know their way around the kitchen. It would be great if it were both, but just in case I don't hook G. Garvin, I gotta do what I gotta do. Seeing as how I don't have a man (or a shell of a man), it's me, myself and I. I'm on a spending plan and eating out and buying frivilous stuff at the grocery store will not cut it. I'm too lazy these days to cook everyday, but when I want something--whatever it may be, I should be able to make it.

So, I signed up for the newsletter to get recipies every month. And as long as I have a phone, I have Mama, so I should be pretty okay.

Homemaker, I have never been. I'm about to reinvent myself. Starting.....next week?

Uhhh...I'll let you know how that turns out. Hey, if it helps, I made sushi last weekend. lol. I'm posting the pics later.

5 Comments:

  • At June 14, 2007 at 11:41:00 AM PDT, Blogger Dondasaurus Rex said…

    I'm so happy i'm not the only one who's cooking-challanged. If it weren't for my mother I'd live off the dollar menu=(

     
  • At June 14, 2007 at 11:44:00 AM PDT, Blogger Southern_Lady said…

    Glad to be in good company!

     
  • At June 15, 2007 at 7:40:00 AM PDT, Blogger Abe said…

    You poor women! I cook for myself, and I wouldn't have it any other way! It is not that hard. Get a cookbook and try some stuff.

     
  • At June 19, 2007 at 11:57:00 AM PDT, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said…

    i can't say i can relate, 'cause i can burn (ok, i'm over myself) but i think its better to prepare your own meals as much as possible. it's healthier for you, plus cooking is fun! i'm sure you'll be ok as long as you can follow a recipe.

     
  • At February 21, 2013 at 8:48:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [p]W h e n I h a v e t o l o o k g o o d f o r a s p e c i a l o c c a s i o n , I r e a l l y [url=http://www.isabelmaranttpascher.com]isabel marant[/url] c l e a n m y f a c e a n d w a s h i t . Maintenant, Isabel Marant Sneakers la plupart des personnes croient que facilement dans les portes de l隆炉athl篓娄tisme, utilis篓娄s en m篓潞me temps s隆炉attaquer 篓陇 votre voisin, s篓娄curiser vos pattes . Ils ont aussi proc篓娄d篓娄 ou peut-篓潞tre d隆炉un type pour les gens qui les portent . S o m e t i m e s I p u t a r e d l i p s t i c k o n w h e n I d o n t h a v e a g o o d t a n b e c a u s e i t m a k e s m e b r i g h t e r a n d o t h e r w i s e I w o u l d l o o k [url=http://www.isabelmaranttpascher.com]sneakers isabel marant pas cher[/url] g r e y . Footwear Isabel Marant Have been completely Utmost

    Build the eyes lining by means of themselves . Voici quelques-unes vraiment l隆炉intention de trouver des sandales 篓娄tablies correspond bien votre mode de vie, il est conseill篓娄 de bien se hormis beaucoup de connaissances sur les avantages suppl篓娄mentaires . Je pr篓娄f篓篓re g篓娄n篓娄ralement le vodafone . Isabel Marant 篓娄tenteurs r篓娄alisables comme 篓娄tant le monumental ensemble sur [url=http://www.isabelmaranttpascher.com]chaussures isabel marant pas cher[/url] ses imperm篓娄ables chaussures de sport et Hunter Wellies utilisant en outre des sandales.[/p]

     

Post a Comment

<< Home