Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, July 02, 2007

What Do You Want to Read About?

What is it about the couple of days before a holiday break that make you want to tear your eyelids out one by one because you have to be at work? The Fourth being on Wednesday is NOT what's hot. The holiday should be celebrated on a Friday, no matter when the 4th falls. But don't sleep, I still have work to do. And I'm gonna do it.

Last night I cried...over the Flavor of Love Charm School finale! Yeah, sitting in bed, wiping my face with my shirt because I refused to get my lazy self out the bed to get Kleenex, I cried. That Saphyri...umph. When she fell the floor thanking God, ya'll know that got me. I really wanted Shay to win, but when she was eliminated, oh well. If anything, as long as they got that horrible rainbow, frizzed out weave out of her head, she received a TRUE blessing. Wow.

I'm back on my writing game already. After I posted on Friday, I made some moves-well, my mouse did. I emailed some people, and now I'm about pitch stories left and right for a paying gig. I write about everything but fashion and beauty. Features and informative articles. These pitches are going to urban magazines targeting young women. Ladies (the few who read), what are some things you'd like to read about besides the regular stuff? Give me some ideas. I want to make sure I'm on the right track.

I got something else to vent about, but it deserves a post of its own.

Ciao'

2 Comments:

  • At July 2, 2007 at 12:52:00 PM PDT, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said…

    hi there!

    i'm over here @ the plantation suffering my damn self. you know, as a young black woman who reads, i would like to see more articles out there about black women in corporate america. it would be good to read stuff about day to day survival in the workplace, the bs we sometimes endure when people don't respect or support us,and stupid questions about hair (sorry, i had to throw that in there. when i walked in with my hair pressed today i got a LOT of attention!)

     
  • At July 2, 2007 at 12:55:00 PM PDT, Blogger Southern_Lady said…

    I believe it! The whole "hair thing" is so fascinating to them. I'll keep your suggestions in mind. Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home