Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Call Dionne, Not Me!

Some days you just want to be left alone. Today is that day for me. When I walked in the office, you could hear a pin drop. The board meeting (that I don't have to attend, thank God) was in the office next door, so it was just me on this side. Ahh!!!

But paradise can only last for so long.

About 9:30 here comes the roommate with about 40,000 questions and concerns. Dude, I'm chilling. You should see that I'm doing my work and being quite productive (until now). Sometimes, even if no one talks to me, just their presence gets in the way. Maybe that's that only-child syndrome coming out. Anyway, I don't have the answer to everything. I don't know why your computer screen is dim, why your email went to the outbox, why the grass is green or how to print powerpoints in slides. Okay, I know most of those, but I don't feel like I should have to tell you. Especially when you've asked me a million times before.

Furthermore, it makes my skin crawl to hear you complain about things that you are not satisfied with nor can change. Deal with it. Ignoring you completely obviously does not work because after you get no response you still repeat yourself.

I think some of this aggravation is due to the age difference. Some older adults are not technologically inclined, but you have to learn, babes. Even you never had to do any of this at the previous job..tough ish. That's why this is a new job. To learn new things. It's a shame that people get through life depending on other people to do things for them. Even at the age of 50 plus...grow up!

Uh, maybe it's the PMS thing coming out. Maybe?

7 Comments:

  • At November 14, 2007 at 6:48:00 PM PST, Blogger Jameil said…

    i've trained some dummies. age has nothing to do with it. i'm also not an only child and i don't have patience for people in my space when i'm trying to get things done. when i'm working, i need you to get back.

     
  • At November 19, 2007 at 11:49:00 AM PST, Blogger Miss R. said…

    I so feel you on this blog! I dont' really get the option to train anyone- I always end up doing it. Then, when I do train people they forget and I have to retraint them again. I wish I could just say get out of my face!!! But only in an ideal world. I thought I was the only one like this- I get like this living with my sister. Feeling like I just want to be in my own space- ALONE.

     
  • At November 20, 2007 at 6:53:00 AM PST, Blogger jendayi said…

    ha! this was hilarious, especially because i'm pms-ing right now and i feel this way about my bf. =) have a great couple of days off. sounds like you need it.

     
  • At November 20, 2007 at 9:41:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have those days all the time...LOL

     
  • At November 20, 2007 at 9:41:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have those days all the time...LOL

     
  • At November 20, 2007 at 9:57:00 AM PST, Blogger T.a.c.D said…

    you know...some stuff just makes sense to people WITH sense, you know people like me and you...other ehhh not so much...

    this was halirious! and i can both relate and appreciate it...

     
  • At November 28, 2007 at 9:37:00 AM PST, Blogger deeprootedconfusion said…

    Dude I really don't think it has much to do with age, I think people are just lazy and don't want to think for themselves. Most things are pure common sense, yet you must tell them when to breath. Just makes you want to punch them in the neck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home