Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

Hey Kids!

I stayed up long enough to catch a shows last night. Dammit, I just realized I missed Nip Tuck!!! The horror...anyway. Somebody catch me up! Lately, I've been noticing a few things on these shows.

Tell Me You Love Me:
It's a new series on HBO about four couples/individuals who go to therapy to discuss their issues with love, marriage and sex. Even the ancient, white-haired therapist gets her freak on in this one (gross). Just when I was about to ax the premium channels to lower my Comcast bill, I watch it. It's pretty good. Weird, but good. Anyway, this young chick who has commitment issues has a new boo. He's at home and she walks in. Goes straight to the John. Obviously she's taking a Ish with the door cracked. If I were the dude, I'd be like, "Pooh, we cool and all, but you don't know me like that yet. Close the door!"

So while ishing, they're talking about whatever. Arguing rather. She comes clean out the bathroom and continues talking. Notice anything? I did...she didn't wash her damn hands!! EWWW!! Was that written in the script? Don't ever get so caught up in the argument that you forget to wash your hands. It ain't that crucial, I assure you. If you don't wash your hands, you clearly won the argument, hands down. I'll be damned if I continue to argue with someone who doesn't have good hygiene. It's just not worth it. Nasty a$$!

ANTM:
Bianca needs to get over this jealousy thing with Heather. Yeah, she's slightly autistic, she a little awkward, but Tyra 'nem (lol) think otherwise. She was making me so mad constantly making comments about Heather whenever she was complimented on something. People think that talking about someone should make them feel better, when actually all that energy used to tear him/her down could be used for something else. Like getting your modeling game up, making another career move, taking time out to focus on YOURSELF. Whatever your deal is, work on YOU.

The Hills:
You know I had to go there. No matter how much I complain, I can't stop watching. I've become of victim of stupidity. No shame either. Heidi and Spencer together used to annoy the crap out of me. Now, I'm over it. The two of them at her birthday dinner was the most boring date I've ever been on. What the hell do they talk about?

Lauren is always trying to fit her way into the conversation with Whitney and the Teen Vogue crypt-keeper. Poor thing.

The Bluesboro:
Haven't heard of it? That's because it's not a show, it's an actual place in Murfreesboro, TN. What went on there should have been on TV though. The Bluesboro is a sports bar where a monthly gospel brunch is held, starring this guy who shall remain nameless. He's the event MC and self-proclaimed singer, I guess. He even has a little group of back-up singers. Like Kirk Franklin or Myron Butler. The only problem is he can't sing worth a damn!! He thinks he is cuttin' up though. He decided to accompany (be her echo) this young lady singing "Yesterday" by Mary Mary.

Mary Mary was rolling over in their graves and they're not even dead! It was just that bad. I, sitting at a nearby table, immediately put my stunna/diva shades on (to make me disappear) and put my head down. I was silently laughing so hard, my body was shaking. But to God be the glory!

Now I know for a fact, the American Idol auditions are real. These people really think they have talent. HA!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home