Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Me, Myself and I

Hello My People!

Finally after my vacation is almost over, I'm at peace with myself. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, by the way. I have neglected this blog, but honestly, it's hard for me to write at home. Too many distractions. Anyway, I hope your holiday was blessed. Mine was.

Sooo, what have I been doing? Not a damn thing! I did buy myself a few things for Christmas, as well as some family members. I have some red jeans that I can't wait to rock. Um, other than that, I have not had anything to do. And no one to do it with. So, I've just been chilling, taking inventory of this year and setting goals for next year. At first, I was antsy and didn't know what to do with myself. I'm used to having something to do, whether it's working, writing, going places. None of that has taken place, but I actually enjoy this time to myself. It's exactly what I need. I'm about to start working on an essay for a magazine. Wish me well.

I've had some uncomfortable, surprising things happen regarding relationships (or pseudo-relationships). Because of that, even down to the very last days of the year, I'm learning more about myself and seeing the things that I need to change or that I need guidance in. One thing about me is I'm terrible in telling people how I feel. Either because I think it will hurt me or hurt someone else. Finally I see that it's better for everyone in the long-run. I promise that I will work on changing that in 2008. They say the truth shall set you free, right? We'll see.

What's my next step? Last year, I had a resignation letter burning a hole in my work bag, I was so ready to hit the job with. New things were on the horizon. New things that I could see. Now, a year later, I'm ready for a change again. But yet, I'm still blessed and I am content. I just need to make moves...um, whatever they may be.

Have a lovely New Year, people!

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home