Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Friday, December 07, 2007

TGIF: The Dreamer Version

What It Do? (I don't think I've actually typed that before-lol)

What's up? It's Friday and I couldn't be happier. For starters, I woke up this morning (Amen!), Daddy is coming home from rehab today and I actually have something to do this weekend.

I have two tickets to the Johnta Austin & PJ Morton show tomorrow and I'm too excited! I write for a new online magazine based here called Neosoulville. (Check out my feature on Algebra Blessett.), so supposedly, I'm interviewing PJ. I LOVE him! Maybe I'll get to take a few pics. You know I'll post them asap.

This is the kicker. I have two tickets, but no one (that I want) to take. Ain't that about nothing? All this week, while thanking God for his many, many blessings, I also thought about things that I'd like to do. I've been dreaming constantly.

I want to live life to the FULLEST! Fullest is not the same to everyone. Once upon a time, it would have been getting into the hottest, crunkest, most crowded club in VIP with apple martinis overflowing. I've grown up a bit. Now I want to travel, lay out on a beach or island, take a trip to be pampered in a spa with my closest friends, be able to jump up and do what I want to do whenever, be in love (real love), not have to work two and three jobs to live comfortably. Oh, and overflowing martinis is still part of the equation!

None of these things are impossible. They're all POSSIBLE and they will happen. I'm not making any resolutions or things that I wish would happen to and for me in 2008 because it's already done. I don't consider this a pity party for my dreams and goals because God has already proven himself time and time again, so as long as I do my part, He'll do His.

That's good to know.

I was going to post about the few things this week that got on my nerve, but it's over, so why dwell on it? I'm inspired by the people in my life who are moving on and going after their dreams, whether it be an advanced career, a career change or getting life back to what it used to be. Anyway, that's about it.

Happy Friday!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home