Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Long Time, No Blog

Hey Ya'll!

My, my, my, it's been a loooong time, hasn't it? Per B Fab's request, I am posting. I have been so busy with work that I haven't had time to do anything but sleep. I started to post yesterday, but it was too much going on. Why must we face adversity? Or why must I face adversity at the workplace. My work roommate and I had a misunderstanding about my capabilities as a facilitator and how a groups of 35+ men would react to me. After all the drama and all the prayer, it occurred to me that it wasn't my lack ability, but her insecurity that caused this mess. The class was at 7 a.m. this morning and it was a success! God always has my back and I thank Him for that. I'm hoping to move past this and acknowledge me not always speaking up as a weakness that God is already beginning to change.

Moving on.

Speaking of speaking up...I finally told the Youngin straight out that me and him being more than friends just ain't gonna happen, capt'n. Sorry. Friday night, I awoke to a voicemail stating that I don't answer nor return phone calls so he wasn't going to worry about it anymore and just "let you call me when you wanna talk." My first thought was kick rocks with Jerusuem Cruisers on, but I realized that there's a certain person who doesn't return my calls in a timely fashion either (DAMMIT!), so I felt his pain. It was time to just bite the bullet and be honest. It wasn't so bad. However, I still don't think he got it. Oh well.

Other than that, I'm trying to stick to my guns and have no dealings with That One even though I plan on being in the area for All-Star. Be strong, hold on. And whenever he calls, God give me the strength to let that a$$ have it. You can't just do whatever you want to do, ya know. It's not fair. And I'm guilty of myself.

A friend of mine who lives in Houston posted on my Facebook that I need to make sure my work and "doing too much" doesn't get in the way of my social, intimate live. Don't forget you have a life to live. That really spoke to me. Sometimes I feel like I'm working so much for nothing. I know that's not true at all, but it is what it is. I plan to use this extra money for good, not evil. lol Namely trips to NYC and CHI and N.O. for Essence Fest. I'm trying to live life. It just requires work. Until I find that rich husband...

Check my story on the Memphis Blues on N'Digo.com under Press Play. While it's still up. It's a weekly magazine. Shout out to Bonnita Jones.

5 Comments:

  • At January 24, 2008 at 1:02:00 PM PST, Blogger Sheena L. Neal said…

    Happy New Year! Just stopping by... Talk to you soon.

    The Brown Girl Journal

     
  • At January 25, 2008 at 9:00:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! You posted! And shouted me out :-)!!!

    "I'm trying to live life. It just requires work. Until I find that rich husband..."

    ummm yeah, ditto! lol! where he at because I've BEEN ready to retire! Have a good weekend chick!!!

     
  • At January 26, 2008 at 11:00:00 AM PST, Blogger Vixenlibra said…

    Whats up Lady! Haven't spoke with you in forever. Life has been extremely busy but I have been checking in on your posts. Glad to hear of all the wonderful things that have been going on, and I continue to wish you the best.
    I still love your blog.
    P.S Whats going on in Memphis or coming up? I need more fun in my life, and different and new things to try. Know anyone close to downtown offering grown up dance classes, or strippercise classes? I was taking one, way out in germantown, and gas is too high for that!

     
  • At January 27, 2008 at 6:29:00 PM PST, Blogger Unknown said…

    Happy New Year. All the best, and much success!!

     
  • At January 28, 2008 at 12:23:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey I am a fellow Memphian. I love the blog. I am new to this blogging thing, but I am going through my favorite blogs and wanted to know if I could add you to my blogroll. Thanks Be blessed

     

Post a Comment

<< Home