Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

That's Yo' Baby?

That's what I asked after a certain someone confirmed that the cooing sound I heard in the background of our phone conversation was indeed, a baby.

The response: "Yeah." (But not with conviction, might I add!)

Me: "Oh...okay...."

Me again: "Wait, like that's your baby? Like foreal foreal?"

Response: "Yeah."

Me to myself: "Som ma bitch!"

My alter ego to him: "Tell him I said what's up!"

Me to him: "Oh...okay....(BLANK)."

Yep, you heard it here first, folks... I went blank. Nothing came out of my mouth. I was speechless. But not in the Beyonce way (I wish!).

So we have babies, chil'ren, lads, chaps, whippersnappers, crumb snatchers these days? Unbeknownst to me? On the low? DL kids?

This is crazy ridiculous. It's not like the majority of people my age don't have children. It's cool. I'm not trippin. But you decided to delete this information from any conversation we've had since when and for how long?

I thought I was doing something good when I decided to call and make nice. Tell him that I wanted my friend back and we should forget the past. Start fresh again. Of course, Mr. Persistent wants to live in the past and make the past my present. Let's be and do, etc....Beat it. Not going down. I'd had suspicions that there was a child lurking (does that sound bad?). With a long-term on/off again ole lady, it was bound to happen. My intuition was right. Granted I had semi-proof--hearsay that was about 75% believable. But the "nice girl" in me didn't want to believe it. Now I have confirmation. Always follow your gut is what they say. So true, so true.

The secret is exposed and I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be. I haven't communicated with him since. That was two days ago. Feeling guilty, are we? I have questions. Plenty. But, at this point, it doesn't even matter.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home