Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, June 23, 2008

Hello Blog World!

Hey My People!


This weekend was pretty good. Let's see...met an old friend from school and went out on Friday, an SU Alumni picnic on Saturday, great phone conversation with a new person and shopping with my Mommy on Sunday. Not too bad!

I lifted this from Liz Burr, check her blog out. She's the technical mastermind behind Very Smart Brothas.

"List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're not any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying now, shaping your spring summer. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to."

Here goes...in no particular order:

Phone Home by Weezy F. Baby
Even though that sample of Mike Jones is aggravating, the beat and piano on the track is hot. We are not the same. I am a Martian. Only Weezy could make that sound normal.

This Is The Day by Fred Hammond
Yes, I gets my praise and worship on, too. It is very common for me to go from this track back to a Weezy track on my mp3 player. Do I feel guilty? Nope. This song just makes me want to move. This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!

I Need You by Alicia Keys
I'll admit that I did not purchase As I Am like everyone else. I'm still stuck on Diary. When I saw the Teenage Love Affair video, I fell in love with the snippet of this song...so off to Limewire I went. The rest is history. I love the drums!

I Put on For My City by Young Jeezy feat. Kanye West
I love Jeezy. Thug Motivation is a classic, but let's focus on Kanye on this one. No doubt, he is on it. "Ask Big Homie, man the top so lonely. I ain't lyin'. I ain't lyin!" Whew! Fi!

I Luv Your Girl by The Dream
I've already talked about my obsession with dude, so he had to be on the list. Truthfully, I've been on this song for so long, I should have something else up, but every time I hear it, it's like the first time.

Need You Bad by Jazmine Sullivan
Jazzy is the ish! This song with Missy is hot and I love the ending. Really I'm into anything by her, because she's just that good.

Techno Pimp by Joi
Hadn't heard this until I visited my friend in ATL last month. I totally missed this on Starkitty's Revenge. I only listened to "It's Your Life" because it's was on the radio all the time. She is on some pimpin' ish, let me tell ya. If you hear it and don't like the beat, her rantings in the background should keep you laughing, at the least.

Honorable Mention: Give You the Business by Young Berg
I just love the track and we say "the business" in the M. lol

I Tag: Whoever Wants to Do It

1 Comments:

  • At June 24, 2008 at 4:00:00 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am soooo guilty of hitting "shuffle" on my iPod and having some good gospel come on right after some crazy sex filled, vulgar hip hop. J Moss to Yung Joc lmao

    I love "I Need You". "Wreckless Love" is another one of my favs.

    I have every single song that I could find that Jazmine has ever recorded. I would send her $20 for them, too, since I have basically an album full of songs. I cant wait for her album to drop. Have you heard her snippet of a song about breaking out someone's windows on her myspace page?

    I need to get that Joi. People still haven't stopped talking about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home