Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Fascination with The Dream


Yeah, I mean the singer, the producer, The-Dream. For whatever reason I am fascinated by him, maybe even infatuated. Crazy, right? I don't think he's hot or anything, but I CANNOT stop listening to Love/Hate. Period. I've had it for months now and I love it. Words cannot say. And I don't know why either. No, he's not one of these prolific artists who's dropping knowledge with every verse. It's just fun music. I'm thinking an R. Kelly in the making, minus the pedofile vibe. (Sorry, Kells!).

I thought the album would kinda suck, but I thought, 'hey, why not?' I like "Umbrella" and "Bed".' I have bought Usher's album and Weezy's, and I still can't stop rocking Love/Hate. It's like this CD has a stronghold on me! lol. The only songs I listen to Usher's are the ones that he produced.

So, I felt the need to get that out. With all that being said, here's the video for "I Luv Your Girl." My second favorite song to "Nikki." Or maybe third to "Purple Kisses." Hell, I like all of them!

5 Comments:

  • At June 13, 2008 at 11:16:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey!! I couldn't agree with you more. There is something about his swag too that gets me. But I'm stuck on his cd as well. I'm stating to listen more to Mama now... its cute. Have a blessed one.

     
  • At June 14, 2008 at 11:38:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    He's definitely a talented cat!

     
  • At June 17, 2008 at 4:36:00 AM PDT, Blogger S.N.J said…

    Hey I love his album to. I was skeptical at first but he is a great producer. He definitly has that kells vibe. I have heard some songs that aren't on the album and they are bangers as well!

     
  • At June 18, 2008 at 11:00:00 AM PDT, Blogger T.a.c.D said…

    one of my co-workers is totally on The Dream....i must admit i totally love "i luv your girl" and my co-worker swears by Nikki...

     
  • At June 27, 2008 at 2:08:00 PM PDT, Blogger SRJP said…

    OMG!!!
    Guess who else slick loves the dream!!! ME THATS WHO!!!
    Yep, I canNOT stop listening to that album as well and I feel so very guilty about it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home