Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

On The Random Tip

Hello All,

As much I wish I could write about something of substance, I just can't right now. Have you ever had so many feelings, thoughts, etc. in your head, you just couldn't express them? Well, that's what up with me right now. I rather read other blogs that have something to say these days. Having a great time doing that, btw. So these are some random thoughts...

I really wish I at home to see Michelle Obama on The View.

I saw a great movie last night, The End of The Affair. You should watch it. The 1999 version, not 1955.

I'm so ready for Essence. The music fest, that is. Among other things.

Do you think it's possible to fall in love in one day or after one encounter (non-sexual)? That movie has me thinking...

That Carter 3 goes so hard. And I don't care what you think about it either!

I hate listening to and returning phone messages/voicemails. It's really bad. This red message light on my work phone has been on for four days. What if it's something important? I'll never know.

I need to get my investing game up. I promise myself that I will sit down and complete my net worth balance sheet and purchase these stocks.

My dreams are way too vivid these days.

Is it really okay to encourage outlandish spending on fashion, electronics, etc. through blogs and magazines with the economy the way it is. Why should I feel entitled to a $1,200 handbag when I can't afford to fill my gas tank? Just a thought!

I would really like a slice of cheesecake right now.

And a pedicure.

But I'm on a budget...that's already blown.

I heard on the news this morning that fuel costs may cause some airlines to significantly increase their fares (too late) and maybe even shut down in some cities. I guess my dream of us getting a Southwest or Jet Blue is out....

That sucks because I have many more trips to take.

After reading a post about the infamous "List"---you know, the one about the type of man/woman you want, I decided to make a list of my own. But I'm making a list of things about me. My good and bad qualities (which are always different in others' eyes), what I like to do, etc. Basically, I'm taking inventory. I find that many times we find fault in others without looking at ourselves. I gotta work on that.

My boss gave me the green light to look for another job. Not that I needed her approval, but it was refreshing to hear her say that. She said even though I do a great job, she can tell I'm not passionate about it. You don't say, huh?

I had an eye exam after 2+ years, only for them to tell me that my "reading" glasses didn't really help and vision is pretty good. Or atleast as good as it's going to be. I'm not tripping, but I was looking forward to getting something new. New lenses/frames. Red ones, in particular. Oh well, couldn't afford it anyway.

And you should check out:

Black Girl in the City

Very Smart Brothas

Panama


Bye now!

4 Comments:

  • At June 19, 2008 at 8:37:00 AM PDT, Blogger FlyyGurl said…

    ok random thoughts...I dig.but im not diggin the carter, however. lol sorry!

     
  • At June 20, 2008 at 10:22:00 AM PDT, Blogger Unknown said…

    I hpoe you checked out the clips of Michelle on "The View". She made me extremely proud to be a Black woman.

    I was headed to the Essence Fest until...my budget laughed at me for even considering such a trip *pout*

    I love "let the beat build". Thats my favorite for the moment.

    I could use some cheese cake and a pedicure too, but try being on a budget AND a diet. I feel like death is knocking on my door lol

    Thanks for the heads up on the blogs :)

     
  • At June 21, 2008 at 3:18:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for the shout out!

     
  • At June 22, 2008 at 11:07:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man, all of your thoughts are very similar to mine! I don't check voicemail either but I am good about email! The Carter 3 IS the shit aside from the fact that I'm blind as a bat. lol The babyface joint is on point. Thanks for the shout out too :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home