Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Contributing Writers



You see this magazine cover? Behind the cover (and almost 70 pages past it) is something that I wrote. About 130 words (65 a piece) with my full name in the byline in the first and my initials in the second one. This week started to be pretty dismal, but when my mom called to tell me my very own copy had come in the mail, it got better. Now all I need is the check. The byline and knowing that I've contributed to such a great magazine (this issue is pretty hot, btw.) are enough.

The blurbs are under UPTOWN Flavor, Smokin' Hot, featuring the best barbecue spots in major cities. You know they couldn't forget about the BBQ Capital, Memphis, Tenn.!

So that's it. My latest contribution to journalism (no matter how small).

Check out Aliya's latest blog and discussion on the fate of journalism and writers-to-be.

By the way, I'm on Twitter @Alisha8151.

Bye!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home