Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, May 11, 2009

Case of the Mondays

I'm in an uncomfortable mood today. Don't know quite know how to explain it, so I'll just leave it there. My mind is moving at warp speed these days. I feel like I need another vacation, but there's no time for it. Summer is about to be busy, busy. Here's what's been going on:

1. I'm buying a house...like this week. Yes, yes, I stepped out on faith (after pre-approval) and signed a contract to buy a house. I love it! The only problem is it's taking a little longer than I thought to close the deal. Chalk it up to that impatient thing that I'm trying to work on. But also, attribute that to some of my uneasiness. Let's get it over, already! My apartment is a mess, I've been on the phone with the utility/cable/phone people all morning. I swear that I hate automated systems!!!

2. The time of the month (also referred to by my old college roommate as "Keisha") has me down, down, down. I need some relief. ASAP.

3. I went to Jazzfest last month and had a great time with my friends and linesisters. Everyone is so blessed in one way or another. It's like it's contagious.

4. Work is about to get crazy within the next month. I won't even go into details.

5. I'm trying desperately hard to save my money (atleast until I get paid on Friday) and not buy this hot pair of shoes that I saw in Macy's.

6. I had my cholesterol checked at a women's fair this weekend. It's 200. NOT GOOD. Pair that with my family history of heart failure and we've got a problem. I'm trying from this day forward to exercise and eat better. I guess skinny folks can't eat whatever they want.

7. I heart Drake. Maybe it's his connection to Memphis. Or the fact that he raps and sings. Maybe he's just hot. If I listen to So Far Gone one more time!!!

Signing out!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home