Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Drop Your Thoughts in the Box

Hi-yah! Pretty full weekend. Friends, sushi, wine, birthday party and shopping (just for one dress). Can't complain about it at all. If I didn't say so before, the housewarming went well. I still have food left over. After a second gathering at the house, my fridge is still full. Moving right along.

Weekend lesson: Wine and salsa dancing do not mix well. Remember that.

Moving right along. I'm a social media junkie. Well, I won't go that far, but I'm into every major social media site. I haven't even deleted my Myspace page yet, even though I never check it. I still have pics up from 2007. Facebook has an application called the Honesty Box. You ask a question and your friends anonymously answer. The most information you receive is the gender of that friend.

I'd set one up over a year ago and recently check it last week. A total random move. I've never responded to anyone else's questions, so I guess I didn't expect them to respond to mine. I had responses though. Quite a few. Surprise surprise! The latest response asks me, "Do you want a jumpoff?"

Wow.

Um. No.

I could go on about that, but the even bigger question to ask is this: Isn't it crazy that we have to have Internet applications to find out what people really think about us? Shouldn't there be an Honest Box for life? But it not be anonymous? Why do we have to fight so hard for the truth?

How ironic that I'm one of those people who has a hard time being honest with some folks. Honest as in "I don't think you're the one for me because I'm repulsed by you," not "I didn't go to bank, I stopped at the mall, instead" honest.

Either way, honesty is something that should be practiced more often than not. I'm looking at honesty like the Golden Rule. Do unto others, as you have them do unto you.
Nighty night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home