Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Sunday, December 10, 2006

It's Been a While

I'm falling off already, damn. I've had a lot on my mind though. Everytime I sit down to type, I end up doing something else. Such as going straight to Myspace, Facebook, AOL, Yahoo and tada....other people's blogs. It's offical: I'm obsessed with other people's blogs. They are so funny and insightful and an inspiration to me, might I add. Just when you think no one else has crazy thoughts, habits or ideas like you, you read a blog. Ahhh, a sigh of relief!

For the past few days, I've been stuck in bed with an aggravating sinus infection. It's been like 30 degrees everyday. And I haven't been taking my vitamins. Yuck! I finally drug myself to the doctor after work on Friday. (Aren't you proud of me? I didn't call in sick.)I really didn't need to go because I already knew what was wrong with me. Just write the dang prescription already. To my surprise, the doctor saw me immediately. Before I could tell her what was wrong, she asked me 15 million questions. None of which applied to me. After three deep breaths and a blood pressure check, she was out the door. Came back with not one, not two, not three, but SIX prescriptions. What the hell?? In the words of Martin, "Woo woo woo woo!!!" First off, do they come in generics??? After my final analysis of mandatory monthly expenditures, I decided that my checking account was on life support. Ready for the plug to be pulled at any time...So, ain't gon be no buying six prescriptions. Period.

I took it upon myself to decide which two drugs I need the most. Just my luck they didn't come in generics and the cost was 100 muthaf&$king dollars!!!!! For a 10-day treatment. The cure to all the world's diseases better be in those damn bottles!!

But they do work. Obviously, since I'm typing away like this. I should be in the bed. LIKE NOW. For the past two days, my bed has been surrounded by tissue, Kleenex (there's a difference!) and the countless numbers of socks I've been pulling off in my sleep. So that's what I've been doing. Living the life, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home