Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, December 04, 2006

Speaking Of

This should really be entitled "Thinking Of" because that's what I did. A couple of months ago I decided to apply to be an adjunct professor at a local community college. After all, I did follow through with my Masters degree to dibble dabble in teaching. I've tried it before on two occaisions and I actually liked it.

I was just thinking last week and last night even about whether or not I'd hear from the school. They go by the "Don't call us, we'll call you" rule, so I couldn't push the issue. I thought maybe once Christmas breaks nears, I'll hear something. This is not a full-time position, only in the evenings. That way, I'll find out if I really want to pursue teaching full-time and get some more change jingling in my pockets. Believe me, I need it!

Instead of writing this, I should be calling the HR lady back to schedule an interview date. I'm kinda nervous, which is unlike me. I don't have a problem talking in front of people I don't know. THANK GOD for that! I also have to teach for 10 minutes on any topic of my choice. What do you think about this: "How to Waste Time on Myspace and Blogger?" Sounds good to me! I'll let you know how it turns out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home