Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Friday, December 01, 2006

No More Niggas and Bitches

(Singing) To all my niggas and all my bitches, put your muthaf*ckin hands in the air!!

Remember that song from Snoop's Doggystyle album?? Sure you do. I know one person who won't be singing along to that tune. Paul Mooney. Yeah, you heard me. If you've been living under a rock for years or atleast never caught the Chappelle Show, Paul Mooney is Negrodaumus and also a comedian who is known in my book for "hating on white people." He doesn't really hate them but he's quick to point out the ills of society and attribute them to the good white folks. He has written for Richard Pryor, In Living Color and Chappelle, among others.

Mooney reported that he will no longer use the N-word. I'll say it for you--nigga. He will not use the word bitch in reference to women. Instead he'll use heifer. Whatever floats your boat, I guess. This sudden change of heart comes from Michael Richards fiasco. Mooney interviewed him and I was quite surprised that he didn't rip him to shreds. He ain't too easy on Caucasians. Instead, he took an introspective look at himself and society, how just the word "nigga" affects us all. Made some changes. Let me tell you, Mooney says nigga ALL the time. He may have to bite his tongue on this. I'll be watching. Should be interesting. I think we all should try it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home