Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, July 09, 2007

I hear what sounds like children screaming. Then boom..boom! I run to the window and see small children dressed in swimsuits and towels running. A man going hysterical, screaming out. What the hell is going on?Then one after another, police cars pull up. Six of them, followed by an ambulance. People are coming out of their homes, standing in the street. Suddenly, I'm able to see who those cars next to mine everyday belong to. Two news vans arrive on the scene. Police are wrapping yellow tape around trees and

A young woman, 28 and a mother of two was killed by her ex-boyfriend, who just released for a domestic violence charge. She'd only be living there for three weeks with her uncle, as an escape from the boyfriend. Right there, in broad daylight, 4:30 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon, with children outside, he killed her and drove off.

Why? What about the children? Her family and friends? Her life?

It hasn't bothered me as much until now, as I am typing on this keyboard. It's so unfair to decide the fate of someone else's life. You have no right. As soon as I went back into my apartment, I immediately prayed for that's young woman's soul. That she be receieved into heaven. I prayed for the ex-boyfriend, that God has mercy on him. Right now, he's on the run by foot, after crashing his white vehicle that I'd seen so many times in the parking lot.

This is a true story.

5 Comments:

  • At July 9, 2007 at 9:59:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG!! That is so horrible! I will definitely pray for the family of the victim.

     
  • At July 9, 2007 at 1:18:00 PM PDT, Blogger Vixenlibra said…

    This is so sad. It's especially sad that events like these are a part of our everyday life. I will pray for her family

     
  • At July 10, 2007 at 8:30:00 AM PDT, Blogger T.a.c.D said…

    wow...my heart ached as i rad this...this is horrible, and the sad thing is, people do that everyday just take a life...and its NOT ours to take...

    well i will not only pray for her and her family but for YOU as well...experiencing something like this so close to home isn't easy...

     
  • At July 10, 2007 at 9:45:00 AM PDT, Blogger yummy411 said…

    ummm mocha girl.... my heart is hurting....wow- speechless. when she actually tried to get away =((( lord please cover these children as they will be the most effected.

     
  • At July 13, 2007 at 6:40:00 AM PDT, Blogger deeprootedconfusion said…

    OMG! That was horrible, just went you think you have an exit route from the enemy he stills your life. I will definitely keep those kids in my prays.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home