Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Surprises...Pleasant and Not So Pleasant

The past couple of days have been filled with surprises. Some of them were those "oh wow, look at that!" surprises and others were "aw damn!" surprises. What can you do though? Take them for what they are. Here are mine.:

Pleasant:
Yesterday, I got my first email about the blog from a reader:

My name is Tasha Sanders*, and I just really felt the need to e-mail you to let you know that I love your writings. I'm an aspiring journalist at The University of Tennessee (I'm from Memphis) and I came across your Beehive weblog as well as Quarterlife Mocha Girl and I just felt the need to tell you that.

Awww, that was so inspiring and encouraging! I email people, too! I never thought I'd actually get one. And I coincidentally found her on Facebook today, too.

Signing the prayer request log (Lord knows, I need prayer) on the Myspace B.A.P.S. page, I found fellow blogger, JCroft! Small world!

One of my best friends is coming home this weekend. Yeah!

Anzeo's lame, coward, prima dona, cat hair stuck in my throat ___ is off MTB 4. Were you really that shocked?

Not So Pleasant:
I thought my co-worker and I would be the only two in the office today. So obviously, I was going to leave early. After arriving TWO hours late,just in time for a meeting, I saw that both of my supervisors were at work. What happened to "I'm off the rest of the week"? I guess they have a right to change their minds...

The ex-"friend" whom I swore off as of 2.5 years ago spills his guts about "really liking" me and thinking that we should be seriously dating now in the privacy of a super-packed club-- by the bar-no less. I knew I shouldn't have taken him up on the offer for a drink, but I couldn't pass up the apple martini. Am I a cocktail whore?

After tormenting myself over whether or not call him and start things back up, I remembered why I cut him off. Not sure I could deal with that foolery. I even tried to justify it by saying that maybe this time around, he could be serious. People can change, right? And he was young (older than me) back then. Don't block God's blessing, right? Wrong answer. As usual, I didn't have a kosher feeling about the situation, no matter how much I tried to micro-analyze it. In attempt to hustle a date and some quick male companionship, I would only be playing myself--MAJORLY. It's not even worth the drama that would be soon to come.

I went ahead and called for kicks. If it's supposed to be, atleast I put forth an effort. No answer, no call-back. The next day, I get a VM from him saying, "this is Dude, someone called me from this number. I was just returning the phone call." Oh really? So you just went straight deaf when I said my name on my VM greeting? Right. Don't try to play me to the left, dude. Beat it.

I never returned the phone call. Why bother? But thanks for the interest.

As if that wasn't crazy enough. Whenever I'm dealing with an issue with a guy and I can't decide what to do, to avoid the situation terrible, I know!), I prefer to deal with another guy. You know, all of sudden it's like, hmmm, I wonder what so-and-so is up to? Knowing good and well, neither of us gives a good damn about each other.

So, that's what I did concerning the guy above and lo and behold, The Friend texted me at 8 a.m. the very next morning!I opened that phone and saw the name...say it ain't so. What do YOU want? I thought him up. So now I have ESP? Reminiscing over text messages is not what's hot. Dude, you have a special place in my heart, but I can't even deal with you right now. Again, I say...beat it.

What could happen next?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home