Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Dating, Laws of Attraction and What Not

I've wanted to blog about this for quite some time, but it's been so much going on. In my head, in my own little world, I have made a decision that I will enjoy life to the fullest. How many times have I said that? Trillions, right? This time, I'm serious. Last weekend, I had a super-depressed pity party about taking on other people's feelings, not doing anything. Life has been a tad boring to me lately. Where's the fun, the excitement? That's what I've been asking myself lately. A lot. Newsflash, I've been hanging out with a dude, but I think I said before that there are no sparks.

Go figure.

Just when I was getting over That One whom I'll affectionately call the roach of my emotional love life (like the bug that won't die no matter how much you spray it or step on it), one of my girls sees him out at a major event. We are convinced that as long as she is around, it's inevitable that we will have an encounter. Even though he is the cutest thing ever with so much personality and a permanent electric smile, because she loves me she did not speak to him. Good job! That would have sparked reason to call me and this cycle would start all over again. No thanks.

Back to the Mr. No Spark though. On paper and in person, he's what's up. I'm trying to get into this thing of hanging out and not looking for Mr. Right every time I meet someone (which is not often). I've had no problems so far. He tells me that he doesn't believe in dating anymore. Two people just should just "hang out" and poof! Before you know it, they're a couple. The "I like you..." spill is unnecessary.

I'm not buying it. Yes, for practicality, it makes sense and it does work out that way at times. How-e-ver, that how men get in the friend zone right quick. How long do you "hang out" before you decide to make a move (verbal or nonverbal)? So my assumptions were correct...shit or get off the pot (complements of my Mama). Or as Dollar Bill would say, "Do sumthin, do sumthin!" Ain't nothing being done, so strap on your seat belt and hold on tight....you're off to the Friend Zone. Stank you smelly much!

Meanwhile, I meet this guy after being a good Samaritan. (Long story). For some odd reason, I met him where he's staying (temporary transplant)and ending up staying there because I couldn't decide where to hang out. ( He could have chopped me up and I would've never been found!) He's cool people. Good conversation and really hospitable. There is some attraction there for me. I don't know what it is. Supposedly we'll do something today, but I have a lot going on. There's more proof that people have "it" and some don't.

It is what it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home