Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Taking a Moment to Reflect

on two things that I should have blogged immediately after them taking place. FIRST...



I finally saw Miss Erica Wright aka Erykah Badu again after three long years. She.was.awesome. When is she ever anything else though? This is my third time seeing her live and she doesn't disappoint.

All I can is I got my money's worth about 30 minutes into the show when she did my fav, "I Want You." Ooh, Lawd...that is my jam. And hers, too, evidently! Yes, my girls and I were all janky becasue we thought she was going to do New Amerykah the entire time. She even admitted that it was "a little to the left." She explained each of those tracks and now I have a better understanding this one. Mama's Gun and Worldwide Underground are still my heart, though.

She walked to the back, folks started messing around with instruments and out of nowhere comes..."Liberation" by Outkast. Messed me up! I just about went into orbit. I have a lot of songs to choose from with Kast, but THAT one right there is in the top 3! I'm sure everyone thought I was crazy, but I couldn't help but clown over that Liberation. She even sang the other verses (execept Ceelo's). Absolutely wonderful.
Liberation - Outkast

Next.....

Feast your eyes on this (while I'm doing the Diddy dance, "take that, take that..." to Hillary)!





Senator Barack Obama is the Democratic presidential nominee. Words cannot even describe. All I can see is his children playing outside of the White House, hearing his victory speech after he wins the presidency. Seeing he and Michelle togehter (we're on a first name basis, ya know.) We need to see that. Black people. White people. Every race and culture needs to see that.



I just really thought that was overdue.

5 Comments:

  • At June 8, 2008 at 12:32:00 PM PDT, Blogger SRJP said…

    Yeah girl...Badu was bangin though she neglected several songs I wanted to hear she made up for it w/several joints I totally wasn't expecting like Liberation AND GREEN EYES...love it!!!
    Oh yeah...HAHAHA! I've started a trend-"take that, take that, take that!"-but it totally fits though! BOOYOW Hillary CLINTON!!!

    l8r

    ~sdot

     
  • At June 8, 2008 at 2:01:00 PM PDT, Blogger Unknown said…

    I've been a lurker for awhile. Love your blogs and totally identify with alot of what your going through, but this is the 1st time I felt the need to comment, seeing as though I'll be seeing Ms. Badu tonight. I can't wait. Thanks making my excitement skyrocket through the roof lol

     
  • At June 9, 2008 at 9:05:00 AM PDT, Blogger LadyWritesTheBlues said…

    I was there too! LOVED it!

    We are gonna bump into each other sooner or later since we frequent some of the same events! LOL.

    Be blessed

     
  • At June 9, 2008 at 7:45:00 PM PDT, Blogger Black Girl Interrupted said…

    i'm going to see erykah badu in my city on thurs, so your post was very timely. i'm so excited, i can't wait!

    go team obama!

     
  • At June 18, 2008 at 11:04:00 AM PDT, Blogger T.a.c.D said…

    Liberation is TOTALLY one of my favorite songs!!! her phrase is AWESOME...
    I totally had to be out of town when she and the roots came to dc..but i have seen her before and she never disappoints...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home