Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Monday, June 09, 2008

What Have You Done For Me Lately?

This is going to be a short one, kids! Greetings and salutations......So I'm sitting here BS'ing on the computer at work and thought about two things. (1) I need to decide whether or not I'm going to teach this fall and (2) I need to get back on the grind in writing (for major publications).

All of sudden, I stopped cold. Talking to a friend last night, he asked me what do I do for me. Everytime he talks to me I'm working like a slave, running here and there, doing this and that for other people, working with the kids. Even when I'm writing I'm making money for other people, whether I get paid or not. So when do I have fun? Really enjoy myself?

My first thoughts....Um, I don't know. I shop?

That good ole' retail therapy has become something constant in my life. But I'm assuming that doesn't count. My rebuttal was, "Well, I went out for sushi on Friday night!" That sounded so lame, but the sushi was so good. lol. I even went out with a friend to a club (semi-overated experience). Nevertheless, I got out of the house.

So, I really have to ask myself, "What have you done for me lately?"

Think about it.

1 Comments:

  • At June 9, 2008 at 8:54:00 AM PDT, Blogger LadyWritesTheBlues said…

    wow! The hubby and I had a similar conversation last night...I figured out by the end of it the convo that I keep taking on these jobs that I REALLY don't want to do, but am conmfortable in them since that's all I have experience with instead of working toward my true dreams. hmph.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home