Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Hmmmm.....

Well, I'm back! I've been back acutally. For a whole week. But work has been that fool. Memorial Day Weekend was nice. I got the moving bug. AGAIN. Am I going to do anything about it? Who knows. Depends on what day you ask.

I am still, however, all about the side hustle. I am working the 13th Annual Sisterhood Showcase this weekend, as a "media runner." Whatever that is! Basically, it's a way for me to interact with the media, which you know your girl has experience in, and meet celebrities. I would like to interview some of them, but I don't know.

Speaking of interviews, check out the newest issue of Clutch and read my story on PJ Morton, the Fly Nerd. I have written about him here, so I was elated to talk to him on the phone. A fly nerd, indeed! On top of that, I think I'm going to work out having several half-days to work a writing lab for student journalism camp later this summer. I'm interested in working with the kids...and it pays!

Other than that, I'm trying to get into the mindset of having a life. How does one do that??? lol. Work is about to get crucial and all I want to do is sleep.

On another, me and Mommy (I know that incorrect grammar. Who cares?) saw Sex and the City and it was GREAT. BETTER than GREAT! I didn't think I would laugh and cry so much in 2.5 hours. It makes me want to be in love, but then again, not. I know you're sick of the hype by now, but if you value friendships, you mos def have to see it.

I think that's it! I think. If I remember anything, I'll come back. lol

3 Comments:

  • At June 5, 2008 at 8:45:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I read the article in Clutch! It was a hot one! You are really funny...especially on your blog. Keep doing what you do!!!

     
  • At June 5, 2008 at 1:53:00 PM PDT, Blogger Eb the Celeb said…

    Getting in the mindset of having a life... consists of doing things out of your normal realm... that mindset only comes when you are bored with your current surroundings so shake things up a bit. If you are a homebody make yourself go out. IF you are out all the time... spend a quiet night alone. Just do things that you usually wouldn't, simple things, and it will make you feel a lot different about your life... but no that everyone has a life.

    hope that helps

     
  • At June 5, 2008 at 2:08:00 PM PDT, Blogger Southern_Lady said…

    Yes, it helps. And yes I do need to get out. I'm making it a point to do that...hopefully!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home