Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Resolutions and Goals

Today, I am uninspired. I just can't get into this groove of work. I have been sleeping atleast six to seven hours a night, but in the morning I'm just done. I didn't get out of the bed until 7:15. Not good. I was so empowered to make some real changes as far as my 2009 goals go. I wrote them in my journal, along with a prayer to God before I left for Atlanta (since I would be out for NYE). I guess I could list them here for more affirmation:

Write more, but less. I mean take more challenging writing assignments. All of these small assignments (though I'm truly grateful for them) are draining my creativity, I think. Think: quality, not quantity.

Exercise. I'm so out of shape! For a slim girl, I need an inhaler after jogging five feet. This has to be a cause of my sapped energy. Now when am I going to find the time?

Become more active in church. One upon a time, anytime someone would call me, I would be at church doing something. My work schedule has caused me to fall back. I feel like I've the kids down a little. I wasn't consistent in my efforts. I'd like to restore that faith they had in me.

Get my morning regime in order. For forever, my morning routine has consisted of snoozing my alarm 3+ times, rolling out of bed (and maybe getting back in), rushing to find something to wear, cooking breakfast and running out of the door. I'm always atleast 15-20 minutes late for work unless I have a class. Why? Because I'm not a good preparer. I'd rather hop in the bed than prepare my lunch and lay out my clothes for the next day.

Find contentment. I know where my contentment is...in Jesus! Duh! But sometimes, I'm not content. It come from comparing myself to others, comparing myself to where I thought I would be, etc. It's just not healthy, especially when I know I'm blessed beyond measure. Even when I don't have the things I want, I'm still blessed. I asked God to help me be the person He wants me be. And more importantly, help me not to fight it if I think it's not what I want. What do I know anyway?

Socialize more. If you know me, you know I've been to my fair share of clubs, bars, etc. I'm sure my name is in the Clubbin' Hall of Fame in Baton Rouge. That's not what I mean. I mean doing other non-club things, networking and meeting NEW people. I'm active in my DST chapter, but I'm not as connected as I think I should be. I'm working on that.

Continue to be a good steward over my money, but save more. I think I've done a good job with the earnings I've been blessed with. I believe that's why I am blessed more. Of course, I'll continue to tithe everything I get, but I need to save a little more. I do a good job, but I blew a LOT of money in 2008. I might want to start saving up a for home down payment.

Try to attend Bible Study, atleast on a semi-regular basis. My work schedule always changes, so it's hard to stay consistent. Sometimes, Sunday morning just isn't enough.

I think that's it. There are a few others that I left off purposely. Wish me luck!

5 Comments:

  • At January 8, 2009 at 9:54:00 AM PST, Blogger Kimmiepooh said…

    Um, are we living the same life? I can say that I'm in the same exact place as you are when it comes to about 85% of your post. I've been blessed beyond measure but I'm not content with where I am. At 28, I feel that I should be waaaaay more accomplished than I already am. I should know more and be doing more. I'm slowly but surely changing things but sometimes, I lose focus and the needed motivation. I've also done my fair share of clubbing and I want to live a more cultured lifestyle. Only thing is, I will have to do it alone because either my friends are afraid to step out of the box when it comes to that or they don't have time (or want to find the time). I need more people, lol. But, I applaud you for being able to point out what you neeed/want to change. I know that's the first step. I've done it here and there but, I was just thinking I needed to completely write out what my goals are for this year. I know that you can't do everything because life gets in the way but I'm damn sure gonna try. I needed to read this at this very moment. Glad to know I'm not the only one dealing with this....

     
  • At January 9, 2009 at 8:53:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't know that you were a Delta. I have been trying to be invited to the membership intake process for a while now. Are there a few tips that you can offer?

     
  • At January 9, 2009 at 3:31:00 PM PST, Blogger jendayi said…

    good luck!

     
  • At January 10, 2009 at 6:54:00 PM PST, Blogger suga said…

    I definitely identify with your morning regime resolution. I promised myself that I would work out in the morning, which would force me to prepare the night before.

    Good luck in 2009.

     
  • At January 14, 2009 at 9:50:00 AM PST, Blogger deeprootedconfusion said…

    good one. I need to write my goals out for the year. I have not done that at all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home