Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Bey Season

Since it's only 3 p.m. and I have two hours to go with nothing to do, why not blog again? I usually don't do posts about specific people, especially celebrities. I'll leave that to YBF, but..... I was just looking at another blog and the writer posted Bey's "Single Ladies" video. I heard the song about three weeks ago for the first time. It was one of those 5:00 drive "exclusive premieres." I thought it was okay at first listen. My good friend, who is pretty much a Bey closet-Stan said she didn't care for it. I told her not to worry because she'd like it no matter what. In a just a couple of weeks, it will become the new club banger, the new "Get Me Bodied" (Lord knows, I skipped over it on the CD until the video came out), the new Woman's Declaration for everyone who got slighted by the one they thought would put the ring on it.

I must say, everything Bey touches turns to gold (eventually). I mean this chick is gyrating in a one-arm bodysuit and the entire country is trying to learn the dance moves and find a body somewhere that halfway looks as good as hers. So I'll try my best not become tired of Beyonce. I love her, really I do. I feel like it's about to be system overload, like when she re-released B-Day. I might not be able to take it.

But I'll still be the first one at Circuit City to cop the album and the first one to purchase my ticket for Essence Music Fest.

I think she sprinkled some pixie dust on us. Damn you, Bey! Damn you!

1 Comments:

  • At October 29, 2008 at 5:41:00 PM PDT, Blogger She Draws said…

    Yeah I posted this vid on one of my random thoughts about a week ago and I didn't like the song 168 hours later I'm trying to do the roll down to the floor and kick out one leg move...

    Go B

     

Post a Comment

<< Home