Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thoughts For The Day

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT)

My mother once told me (recently) that I was "like a ship without a sail." I thought she was being melodramatic, which she is known to be often. I was offended. I thought, how am I lost? I have a steady job, I don't float from city to city. Whenever I'm at a particular place in my life, I stay put until it has run its course.

Once again, Mama may be right. I dont' know what it is, but lately, I have not been happy with myself. Everything has been getting to me, from men to coworkers to my own thoughts. I'm mad, angry and just aggravated. A couple of days of that behavior is normal, but damn near three weeks. I don't know if I'm coming or going. What will I do with my life? So many people are telling me what they think I should do, but I still don't know. At first I thought it was because I'll be 28 soon. Then something else came to mind.

For the longest I have been thinking about everything I want to do--from simple birthday stuff to vacations and real life career stuff, etc. It's always been about me, me, me. Often I don't stop to ask God what does He want for me? Could that be the problem? Though I am not fasting anything during Lent, I have really tried to take an introspective look at myself---the good and the bad. I think I've found the bad. So, I've been asking for clarity in my life in ALL areas and for a spirit of doing rather just thinking. I want to HAPPY and CONTENT. I want to love and not lockdown, and smile rather than all of this frowning I've been doing lately. It's not me.

Yesterday I asked that He make plain whatever it is that I am missing. So in the meantime, I'm just waiting. Whew, I feel better already.

Have a wonderful day.

4 Comments:

  • At March 19, 2009 at 8:46:00 AM PDT, Blogger Kimmiepooh said…

    I totally know how you feel. I've been feeling that way lately. There is so much that I want to do (career-wise, in travel, etc) but there are so many steps that I have to go through before I CAN do it that I feel like I'm stuck. It's nothing major but there always seems to be an obstacle in the way that prevents things from going smoothly, and I can feel it affecting me every day. All I can say is, keep the faith and keep working towards your dreams. Hopefully (for both of us) it will all pan out soon.....

     
  • At March 19, 2009 at 10:32:00 AM PDT, Blogger deeprootedconfusion said…

    I have been feeling the same way lately. Like I know there is so much more in store for me, but I have no clue how to move forward. I have been easily irritated by frivilous things, which is usually not me at all. So I decided to fast and pray. When I take myself out of the equation and place my focus on getting clarity from God I usually receive all the answers I need from him. He hasn't failed me yet!

     
  • At March 19, 2009 at 10:32:00 AM PDT, Blogger deeprootedconfusion said…

    I have been feeling the same way lately. Like I know there is so much more in store for me, but I have no clue how to move forward. I have been easily irritated by frivilous things, which is usually not me at all. So I decided to fast and pray. When I take myself out of the equation and place my focus on getting clarity from God I usually receive all the answers I need from him. He hasn't failed me yet!

     
  • At March 21, 2009 at 8:43:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I get down like this sometime... I just have to organize my thoughts and keep a kickin'! Good Luck!

    Go.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home