Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Random Thoughts

So, I'm sitting here. That's it. Just sitting here. I've had many, many days where I've been bored to tears at my job, but this right here---this ish right here--takes the cake. My supervisor is gone and I guess I should be grateful (who really likes when their boss is at work?), but I have nothing to do. Literally. Nothing. I've uploaded all of my pics onto Facebook, checked all of my daily blogs, read the local newspaper and still....nothing.

I just know my life has more purpose than this. I know it. There's something I should be doing, but of course, my clueless ass is coming up with nothing. I want to write--something. It doesn't even have to be for publication. But what about? This is a time where people who have drive are making ways for themselves. Knocking down doors that were never meant to be open. What the hell am I doing? Am I still considered as having a "Quarterlife Crisis" at 28? *If not, remind me to change the name of this blog.

The light at the end of the tunnel is one of my co-workers put her two-week notice in. I have a feeling since my sups know I'm over here skating for my check, they're going to give me some of her communications responsibilities. They can keep that development stuff. I don't fundraise, I write.

In other news, I attended my 10-year high school reunion. I had a blast! I'm so thankful that I had a great high school experience because I realize that everyone did not. I will say this though: It's a shame that 10 years later, when you bring a group of people together, it's like high school all over again. The "in" crowd versus the "other" people. It's not a good look. Just proof that adults really never grow up. Could it be that we as tax-paying, homeowning folks are really just teenagers playing "dress-up"?

2 Comments:

  • At October 14, 2009 at 1:47:00 PM PDT, Anonymous LenciBryant said…

    yes you should be writing. writing is a gift from God (in your case) and it's like slapping God in the face to not write. You should be one of the ones who do all that they can to knock the doors down! I got convicted reading that. Thank you for writing :)

     
  • At October 14, 2009 at 2:30:00 PM PDT, Blogger Southern_Lady said…

    Thanks Lenci! I've started some things since yesterday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home