Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Shocking!!

"And it came to me like an epiphany."

-Chrisette Michelle

I know what you're thinking. I'm always having a damn epiphany. Stay with me. If you've been reading long enough, you know that this blog is hella boring now. I'd like to get back to telling stories rather than regurgitating my feelings about how my day's been going and what I don't like. It's starting to cross over from a blog to a negativity fest. Me no likey that!

Every day, as a morning ritual, I read all of my favorite blogs. In no particular order. Some thought-provoking, some hilarious, some completely pointless. But I like each and every one of them because the writers all have something to say. They even took the time to write it down, post it on the World Wide Web and go so far as to include pics and videos (gasp!). With every entry I read the same question runs across my mind: Why didn't I think of that?

The simplest things from who should pay for a date to issues in race and skin color (think: Sammy Sosa's "skin rejuvenation") are written about every second. Every second I'm feeling inspired by these folks. When I sit down, laptop in lap, reading (typing) glasses on, ready to bless the Word document with some deep ish, NOTHING comes out.

I've finally figured out why (because I'm so smart).

I'll start writing when I stop reading everyone else's blogs. Atleast temporarily. Yes, I know a good writer is also an avid reader (read Aliya S. King's latest blog for must-have books for writers), but by the time I read two million blogs and comment on a million, I'm drained. I know that's a terrible excuse, but I swear it makes perfect sense to me.

So for the next few days, I'm going to find a quiet space (my sofa) and write...whatever. This is the catch though. I'm going to write without the Internet. It's a huge damn distraction if I've ever seen one. Nevermind that I needed the Internet to even get into Blogger. I'm going old school this time around. Just Word 2007 and me.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home