Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy 2007!

So I'm a little late. It is a whole five days after the new year began, but I had to say it sometime, right?

This year is going to be MY year. Isn't everybody saying that though? But why can't it be true? I haven't blogged in so long because there is so much to tell, I couldn't even express it. So here goes in order of importance:

It's 2007 and I'm still living with my health and strength. Self-explanatory.

My family is still intact. We even had an additon to our family in December--a beautiful baby girl.

(Singing) I GOT A JOB!!! That's right, I gots me a new gig. THANK YOU JESUS!!
I'll be a facilitator in a money management program for corporate employees. A big stretch from what I'm doing now, but I know God placed me there for a reason. I was nervous, but I'm ready to take it on. And I will an oral communications professor at a nearby community college. I have a lot on my plate, but it's all good. It'll keep my mind off other things.

I have not one, not two, but three articles published at Honey Magazine Online. Yep, you remember Honey and if you were like me you were crushed when they were snatched from the newsstands. I've blogged about them before. My secret ambition is to become a writer at Essence or Honey. Well, I guess it isn't a secret anymore, huh?

Welllll, I sent a couple of stories in to the website expecting to hear nothing. After a week or two, I was feeling froggy and decided to jump. I emailed the editor again and she replied saying she'd posted them already! Special thanks to editor, Suzanne Burge and Sylvia at I Like Her Style (she's linked on the sidebar) for putting me on. My dreams are beginning to come true! Check the stories out at http://www.honeymag.com/> Features>Girl Talk. Look for Having My Way, Who's Looking Out for You? and Is Your Flight for Your Life's Journey Delayed?

I still have the same friends I had in 2006. Drama-free, or maybe 75 percent drama free. (Hey, I guess I can't complain.)

I am at peace with the fact that God's will WILL be done. No matter what I think about it, everything comes in its own time.

That husband of mine is out there somewhere. I am no longer doubting the happiness that God has in store for me.

I have committed myself (atleast the first 7 days) to opening my heart and mind to new things and new people. Hence recreating myself in some way. It's no wonder I deal with the same kinds of people and situations repeatedly. Sheesh! Enough of that sh*t already!

I have to cut down on the profanity. It's just not ladylike. Excuse me while I get it out:
Shit...Damn...Muthafucka (Note: I rarely use the "F" word, but Bernie Mac was right. 'Don't be afraid of the word 'muthafucka') lol

So, that's it for now. I have some other things to discuss, but it took forever to get that out. Have a happy, prosperous 2007!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At January 8, 2007 at 3:03:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1 2 3 hit me... Say it with me, I BLACK AND I'M PROUD! Nah, just kidding, that's not what I want you to say with me (Dat was in memory of the late, great James Brown). What I really want you to say with me is the affirmation that I got at church on Sunday... 2007 will be Heaven for me. That's right... Heaven in 2007. I'm sure a lot of people are saying that, but I'm saying it with a firm belief. Afterall, We deserve God's best, right? Of course we do, and I just gotta believe His best is what we are going to receive!!! Let Him Use You! LOL That was for BRuff. Anywho... Happy 2007, I see His favor showing up in your life already this year. With so many blessings so early, you know this is going to be a great one! Be Blessed.

     
  • At January 9, 2007 at 2:11:00 PM PST, Blogger deeprootedconfusion said…

    2007 is going to be the year for all of us. I read your articles on Honey.com and I can honestly say that I am blessed to have such a talented BFF.
    I know that we all have ruff times, when we doubt our decisions, but those times are swiftly surpassed when we have super supportive friends such as yourself. Continue to bask in the wonderful blessing God has bestowed upon you, because there are more great things to come for you in the future. Love ya much!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home