Quarterlife Mocha Girl

Thursday, December 14, 2006

I'm Not Eating..but I'm at Lunch


My lunch hour is from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. I'm hella broke, so I brought leftover chicken tenders and fries to work to eat. It took me like 10 minutes to microwave and eat the entire thing. It was only 1 1/2 chicken tenders and yes, I did eat microwaved fries! They're not so bad when you're as hungry as I was. Anyway, I run back to my office with about 40 minutes to spare. My plan was to blog (obviously), do a little Myspacing and put the finish touches on a project I'd been doing.

I hear the pitter patter of feet coming down the hall. My supervisor's feet. He always walks like a wild man, like he's "stomping with the Big Dawgs." I swear he wears Gortex boots, foreal. As the boom, boom, boom gets closer, I pray a silent prayer to myself, one that is constant at my job.

"Please, Lord, don't let him come in here."

I guess my prayer must have been in snail mail, instead of email. In less than five seconds, I feel Mr. Gortex walk into my office and asks about 25 questions and even go further to discuss them.

The look on my face was undeniable and it said: "Why are you talking to me about work in the 12:00 hour?"

Point: I'm not eating, but I'm at lunch. Just because I'm sitting at my desk does not mean I intend on doing any kind of work, whatsoever. Can I relax in my office in peace for the remainder of the lunch hour?


It's only fair. It is in the Employee Handbook.


Give us us FREE!!!!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home